QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 5? 6? I think. .

lissafae6

Still fresh and I still don't know if I can do it for good. But these withdrawal symptoms are hell. I read some posts that people were taking a much higher dose for much longer periods so I feel like a whiner, but I digress. I felt much better on day 3 and even day 4, but now I feel like I'm going backwards. I slept for two days then started doing almost more than I was doing while I was still on adderall. Now I'm nauseous, my head is splitting, and I can't do the simplest of tasks around the house. Why did I feel so much better and now I'm miserable? Did I over do it or did I just not do enough today??

Xxlosing it

Welcome to the forum Lissafae!  The dosage that you took is immaterial here, we are all focused on quitting and helping others do the same; so you are not a "whiner".  Things will ebb and flow throughout your recovery, start riding the waves and rolling with them instead of trying to power through them.  Once you are on a more steady path you can start to focus on getting a little done at a time and build on that.  Don't beat yourself up during this time and please consider joining the 30 day challenge.

• Like 1

I really like what Justin said about the ebb and flow and rolling with it rather than power through it. This is so so true. Allow yourself to take it as it comes and try notice if there are any patterns that help you get through the day. It feels weird to feel so ancy and active and get some things done and then the next day feel like your legs and mind are a ton of bricks (at least this is my experience).

Remember the bigger picture of what you are doing and ultimately accomplishing and feel good about that, while allowing yourself to feel any way you feel on the daily basis.

Do the people around you know about this and support you?

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have a couple of family members aware, my boyfriend is the encouragement for my decision to live off meds. My mother liked me better on the pills, but is being supportive of my choice. I guess being a stay at home mother of two while taking on day car efor two other children makes me feel like I need to keep up being super woman and falling short is discouraging.