QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How to find old posts?

tinybuddha

I am trying to search for my old post that I wrote when I first joined. I think it will help remind me of where I was and why it is critical I not go back to that place. I can only seem to get back to a year or so. I guess I am doing it wrong. If anyone could tell me how to find my original post I would really apperciate it. Thanks!

Finding any post you started or even replied to within the last year is fairly easy, as you are already know.  There is a feature on your profile page that allows you to look back over the last year to all of your compositions.  To look for something further back in time, you must manually hunt it down.  this could be difficult if you are looking for certain responses you gave. 

If you go to the top of the forum page, just under "general discussion", all the pages of every post ever made on this board are listed.  For the genreal disciussion forum, we are on something like page 24, with page 1 being the "beginning of time" in the fall of 2010.  So if you go to page 2 or page 3 you will be in the time frame of when you joined up.  If you started any new topics, just scan the topic titles for your name, but if you are looking for certain responses, you ,may have to search each topic you replied to.  Of course, there will be a star by the topics you responded to.  By the way, Tinybudda, I read a lot of your early posts while I was planning my quit and while in early recovery before I joined in Aug 2011.  Your posts back then really inspired me. 

I also rely on my teammate and fellow administrator Zerokewl for technical advice when it comes to computer things.  Maybe ZK has found a way to use the search feature? 

• Like 1