QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Studying w/o adderall

nic01e

Hi friends,

I am so thankful for this community - thank you. I just joined and am so excited to share my experience in hopes that I can provide some words to others - as an example that they are not alone and that there is another way (sobriety from these attention drugs.. its been one year since I dropped off my last pills to the police station for disposal). 

Though today I have another task. I need to study for an 8 hour test I have on Friday. I am having trouble focusing and of course my mind struggles with remembering how much easier it would have been with vyvanse/adderall. I have read here that the trick is to get started - so that is what I will do. Just knowing that this community is out there and is potentially relating this post provides some calm to me. If you have any words to share with me I would love it.

Talk with you soon,

Nicole

• Like 4

Hi Nicole --

If you have a smartphone, there are some study aid apps that can be helpful -- they break down study time into manageable amounts for you, etc. There's one called "Pomodoro" that I use (well, there are several based on the "Pomodoro" approach, but I use a simple and free one) -- it times you for 25 minutes per work shift, then you take a few minutes off, etc. It's not a one-size-fits-all thing, but oftentimes when there's at least a little external structure built into the process, even from a smartphone app, you'd be surprised how it can help. I was. :)

M

• Like 3