QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How do I prepare?

I am just not sure how I can possibly live the rest of my life without ever touching this stuff again? How will I not crave the incredible (but yet, unretainable) feelings of being better, doing better and life generally feeling tolerable? How will I deal with the cravings? I feel like I know I need to quit but I am not okay with living uncomfortable or in need of something so badly forever. It will always be something I want and think about. I know it sounds negative or like I'm justifying using- I'm just extremely worried that I'm going to always wonder what I would accomplish if I had it, therefore having to go on everyday forever...just wanting it.

• Like 2

Well said-

Adderall is a mind fuck.

Once you're able to see the lies and look at reality, you won't want it. It will take you so far down that by the end, you'll hate it so so badly. We all have our own journey with this beast. And you'll have yours. I wish you the best.

PS I can truthfully say that I haven't craved it once in the last 8 days. I'm 8 days clean. Yay me. Fuck adderall.

• Like 4

You feel productive but the only thing you have accomplished is smoked a bunch of cigarettes, felt "wired" and not slept for two days! It becomes more apparently clear that that was your existence on adderall, the more clean time you get away from it. 

• Like 3

I've been without it before, maybe just a few days but sometimes a few weeks. I remember at the end of the weeks without it, I get super anxious and can't wait to have it again...kind of not remembering the horrible come downs and side effects. I just fear that always being my life. I've placed this drug on a pedestal, I've made it out to be some super drug that fixes anything and everything. but you're right, it's all just been a lie.

• Like 3