QuittingAdderall.com Forums

it might be too late for me.

anonymoose

I'm making a desperate attempt for help or advice or anything

I don't know what else to do

I've been taking about 100-200 mg a day for the past - maybe 6 months

Tried to quit and failed each time, and have ruined just about every aspect of my life.

My question to you- has anyone that has done such a high dose for as long or longer amount of time, experienced severe chest pains and heart attack symptoms?

I've been to the ER twice in the last 2 months because of the chest pains, but they found nothing and I didn't tell them about my addiction.

I feel so weak, dizzy, numb and when it wears off, my heart just shoots with pain I don't see how there can be nothing wrong there. I feel like my heart is about to stop any second.

My addiction has broken me so much I am not really afraid of dying itself.... I just can't bear the thought of my mom being burdened by it.

Has anyone else made it through similar physical conditions?

I am a 20 year old female, 5' 5" weigh 98 lbs. 

• Like 2

We always think that when we are older we might regret how much we've fucked up our body, but we are young now and well we don't give a shit do we?

The most we can do is try... which is a lot easier said than done. 

I know you are searching for advice, but I am too... 

so lets do eachother a favor and just think about some things we like about ourselves, I bet you don't give yourself enough credit. 

Smile... try to feel it even when its hard

• Like 2

It sounds like you are seriously malnourished. Malnutrition can lead to low levels of certain electrolytes (Magnesium and Potassium) Low potassium increases the risk of abnormal heart rhythms that can potentially be fatal.

Maybe you should consider a rehab facility if you decide to get serious about quitting but whether you are ready to quit adderall or not, I would suggest you address your nutritional needs immediately.

• Like 3

When I was taking big doses like that I experienced those heart palpitations. It's one of the many scary side effects of Adderall. Your body is telling you something.  The decision to get clean is yours to make. Take some time to research what happens in early recovery. Your going to need to crash for a bit while your body recalibrates.

Welcome to the board you've found a community of people here to support and be supported.  Take some time and read the articles and old forum posts. Its not too late not even close.  

• Like 2

I was on dosages like that. Things will only get so much worse unless you deal with this now.  

You have to cut off your doctor (s). That's the hardest step. But its the best way. And then begin the withdrawal process..or go to rehab and have it done there. 

Its definitely not too late but you have to be totally committed to kicking this or your addictive mind will overpower your rational mind. 

• Like 3

I was on 300mg per day for 2 years.  It's not too late.  I wish I would've quit sooner but I have been clean for awhile now and the health problems that I experienced while on Adderall have diminished and some have completely gone away.  Best of luck to you.  I never thought I would make it and I've been completely clean for almost a year now. 

• Like 2

You're only 20 years old, it's not too late for you at all. Your health is at risk and if you're not concerned about dying, there is a much bigger problem here than being addicted to adderall. Have you tried talking to your mom who loves and cares about you? While you're young, take the time to comfortably get off of adderall and I'll bet you anything that you might care about not dying after you're back to your old self. It only takes about 3 days to cheer up, it's all uphill from there

• Like 1