QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Learning new things

JustinW

Congrats on getting through this and persevering!   It's a whole new set of focusing strategies we have to build up, and it's not easy.  But I think it IS doable.  

The only thing that really has helped me in this shit-show of quitting during school is giving myself extra time.  Lots and lots of time for each concept. Because everything takes foreverrrrr.   

On the plus side, it's getting faster I think.

• Like 4

I definitely hear you on the inability to process new information. I feel so slow and spacey post Adderall now. I have to really make myself focus on even the littlest things. I was on and off Adderall last semester (spring) and I could never really get it together because I lost all natural motivation. I'm giving myself the summer to get back to normal and get back at it in the fall. I have so much respect for the fact that you're able to stick with it! Keep it up! Believe in yourself and be patient. All of this will pass.

• Like 3

Ugh, how do I prevent myself from making stupid mistakes?  I took a math quiz the other day and I transposed the decimal and multiplication signs on my calculator and got the question wrong, then I took a practice math test today and got a question wrong on basic subtraction.  My confidence level going into Wednesday's test is pretty low.

Ugh, how do I prevent myself from making stupid mistakes?  I took a math quiz the other day and I transposed the decimal and multiplication signs on my calculator and got the question wrong, then I took a practice math test today and got a question wrong on basic subtraction.  My confidence level going into Wednesday's test is pretty low.

I think you should do the problems over and over again until you're confidant. You still have a lot of time to prepare.

• Like 1