QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Happy 4th

Greg

With the exception of ZK, I think we're all in the United States. I think ADHD and adderall addiction is a US problem. I think ADHD is part of our fast paced culture and how we as Americans view life...often times as an emergency and how we view medication. I read an interesting article the other day called why French kids don't have add

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/suffer-the-children/201203/why-french-kids-dont-have-adhd

Anyway, happy 4th everyone!!!

• Like 3

That was an interesting article.  I can't comment on the parenting aspect but I think the differences of a medical approach to ADD is very interesting.  The American approach to just about every medical problem is to throw drugs at it.  Side effects?  here's another drug for that.  And any old doctor can prescribe every drug imaginable.

I'm sure we have website members from all over the world - after all, this IS the Internet, right?  But why is it that nearly ALL of the regular contributors on this web site are American?  Is Adderall addiction a mostly American problem?  or, is helping one's self kick their addiction by using a web site a uniquely American way of dealing with this addiction? 

ZK, do you see a lot of speed use in Canada?

That was an interesting article. I can't comment on the parenting aspect but I think the differences of a medical approach to ADD is very interesting. The American approach to just about every medical problem is to throw drugs at it. Side effects? here's another drug for that. And any old doctor can prescribe every drug imaginable.

I'm sure we have website members from all over the world - after all, this IS the Internet, right? But why is it that nearly ALL of the regular contributors on this web site are American? Is Adderall addiction a mostly American problem? or, is helping one's self kick their addiction by using a web site a uniquely American way of dealing with this addiction?

ZK, do you see a lot of speed use in Canada?

Amphetamines are illegal in most countries. I think the US, Canada, Australia, and maybe a few European countries are the only places they are allowed for a medical purpose. Aside from the US the other countries probably are picky about prescribing them. America has 5% of the world's population but consumes 80% of the world's illegal drugs. For adderall the percentage has got to be even higher.
  • Like 2

Amphetamines are illegal in most countries. I think the US, Canada, Australia, and maybe a few European countries are the only places they are allowed for a medical purpose. Aside from the US the other countries probably are picky about prescribing them. America has 5% of the world's population but consumes 80% of the world's illegal drugs. For adderall the percentage has got to be even higher.

I didn't know adderall was illegal in most countries. I do remember reading it was banned from Canada for a little bit?

Those are staggering statistics. I bet the US consumes 90% of the worlds adderall then. I don't have the statistics but, really, adderall seems like a uniquely American drug, unique to American society and culture.

• Like 1

I believe adderall is only sold in us and canada. Dexedrine in Australia. I think ritalin in used in more countries but only for extreme cases

Ugh...ADHD is such a sham to sell adderall in the states. They pharmaceuticals have done a great job marketing it to doctors and the public.

You can't get the quick release adderall (blue ones) in Canada just the XR which I used to crush to get the effect of quick release. Vyasene, concerta, Ritalin are available in Canada. Not sure what else is available. Doctors seem to prescribe all of it like crazy, a friend of mine is prescribed 30mgs x 3 daily. My first exposure to stims was when a trusted family doctor prescribed Ritalin when I was 17-18. Ritalin / concerta got me through college and beyond. It never effected me the way Adderall did.

Canada uses the same GSM that USA does the same book that once stated being gay was mental disorder. The city I live in is very corporate and very competitive lots of eager young professionals trying to get an edge. So imagine the use is quite rampant.

Meth seems to be a big deal in my city. I overheard a dealer selling it at a light rail train station the other day.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...