QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What skills have you regained/relearned after quitting adderall?

Greg

what skills have you seen yourself regain after quitting?

- For me, an ability to regulate my appetite on my own again...it's not easy but at least I can do it on my own now.

- an ability to push myself to do things I am really, really, unmotivated to do,..

• Like 1

• I can read again!  And I'm not as slow as I was when I first quit. And I retain 10000x more than I did on adderall.

Writing

Public speaking

Social skills

Willpower!!!

Decision-making skills.  Making better choices

....Which includes better choices about what foods I eat

Physical strength/fitness 

So much more connected to my body and health-- a better sense of what my body wants/needs at any given moment

• Like 3

• I have learned that no matter what I am going through (no matter how difficult of a struggle), that it will pass.  I have a much better grip on my emotional health today in that I no longer have to down 60-70 mgs of Adderall a day, smoke half a pack of cigarettes, drink 8 beers, and smoke a bowl to get through the day.  I can have a bad day and go to bed at 9:00 and wake up feeling good physically.  Whatever stress, bad mood, sadness, anger, hurt, worry, or problem I face...I know taking pills and turning to alcohol and drugs will only make those things worse.
  • I have learned that as long as I make a "to do list" either the night before or morning of my day, I will accomplish everything on it the same way I did with Adderall.  I will actually just do everything on my list (and not veer off it to do 100 other projects at the same time). 
  • I have time for my relationships today that I never had on Adderall unless I was partying with a friend and giving them my Adderall as well.
  • I am able to laugh today and act like a normal human being around other people (not a paranoid crazy person anymore)
  • I am able to relax, meditate, and be at peace today. 
  • I have the capability to do anything I choose as long as I want it bad enough.  It takes more effort and yes it is not an easy quick fix anymore, but I feel like a superstar because I know that whatever I accomplish it was by my own strength and I didn't cheat in any way to accomplish my dreams.

this is a great list.   

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I regained my ability to regulate my appetite. Hahaha...sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Most recently I can't.

--I've definitely regained my ability to sit quietly and do nothing sometimes which is important for mental health

--I think I've regained a lot of working memory capacity. My mind is no longer cluttered with frenetic energy and a constant feeling of manic overwhelm.

--I am able to find things and keep things more organized. When I was adderall'd out I would find everything interesting. Scribble down some ideas, read a couple pages from a book, surf on the web for a few hours...and the result was so much clutter and disorganization with the space I was in and with my life priorities.