QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 Years

BeHereNow

What an inspiring post. It is amazing to see how far someone can come in 2 years.  Last year around this time you were really struggling. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. I can't imagine dealing with that with or without Adderall. 

The only way to get through it is to get through it and that sucks. 

I am starting to the think the same way about drinking too. Since I quit adderall &smoking it seems like drinking is my one outlet. And well I can get really carried away.  The holidays are a little blurry,  wasting time on hangovers etc sucks. 

Congrats enjoy your day you've deserved it. Thank-you for such an inspiring post. 

• Like 2

I found myself nodding in agreement with so much of what you wrote.  I really enjoy reading good journalism which is well-written with details and well-developed structure and grammar.  I have read and re-read your post and there is so much that I want to respond to with my own experiences, but not now.  The one point I want to chime in on is that quitting Adderall was a life-changing event for me, too.  I can't even imagine where I would be in life if I was still chained to that evil addiction.  Thanks for such an inspiring post and happy New Year.

• Like 2

Compared to two years ago, I feel a thousand times more intelligent, awake, self-disciplined, mindful, organized, astute, focused, and inspired.   I used to think that adderall would bring me all of these things, but it didn't.  At first it did, but in the long run it made them all worse.  

What a great post to start off the new year. I especially connect with the above. I think it's important to keep reminding myself that, yes, at FIRST there were all these great benefits, but it's too easy to forget the negative effects that spiral out of control at a certain point.

Congratulations, thanks for your post, and happy new year!

• Like 2

I am so happy for you Occasional!  This is such a beautiful inspiring post.  My God, you have made some seriously amazing things happen in this short amount of time.

This is exactly what I needed to hear tonight.  I am so proud of you.

2015 is going to be an AMAZING year!!

Congratulations my friend!!!

Hugs!!

• Like 1