QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Holy Shit! 9 Months!

Danquit

Congrats on 9 months Dan!  I'm about two weeks from celebrating my 9 months as well.  My recovery is super similar to your timeline.  During months 1-6 I really struggled with bad anxiety, depression and lack of motivation.  But months 7-8 I noticed a lot of the fog lifted and I stopped waiting for that magical motivation to happen and instead just started taking action.  Initially it sucked getting up at 5am and hitting the gym for an hour but now it has gotten as routine as brushing my teeth.  And its addicting feeling your body change for the better.  Naturally that same motivation carried over into my nutrition.  I've now became consumed with what I put into my body and how I take care of it.  I'm seriously considering eliminating sugar (unless its from fruit) and caffeine from my diet but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

The biggest thing I struggle with is motivation to stay on task at my 9-5 office job.  Adderall used to make me love this tedious shit I do for a living but now I Fuckin HATE it.  But I'm okay with that, because I don't want to take a pill that tricks me into thinking I enjoy shit that I don't.  Not taking adderall has given me so much more self awareness.  I'm finally maneuvering myself to chase a dream that I've always wanted to.  And I think that is really what so many of us struggle with.  Its not that we cannot get motivated as much as it is we hate what the fuck were doing.  In the past anytime we were faced with something difficult or tedious we'd just take a pill and hey weeee! its fun.  Think about it, I don't struggle at all now to get motivated and focus on things that I enjoy; I'm naturally focused and dialed in when I run on a treadmill, lift weights, meal prep for the week, have sex, play poker, play golf.  So I think the real key is finding something your passionate about and figure out how to make money at it.

☮ ✌

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Congrats - you give me hope. Just coming up to two weeks once again but it's been brutal - maybe because I know I can't go back this time and the lethargy lack of motivation eating boredom is off the charts!  So I am hanging in there - if you can do it so can I. 8 was prescribed 120mgs daily!!! of Vyvanse and I am a 128 pound 5'5' female.  For the past year and half at least I was staying up for three days at a time every week. My last Vyvanse refill I went through the 120 mgs per day three months supply in about five or six weeks. Can you spell psychosis? Unfortunately, I can, as most of us unfortunately can. I don't know how I actually avoided the psych ward.  So yeah, fuck Adderall and fuck Vyvanse too! And congrats once again. 

S

• Like 3

Congrats Danquit and TomJones on having 9 (and almost 9) months! Huge achievements. Reading about your progress these past few months has helped me during the dark days... couldn't have got this far without you guys. I'm still really struggling, though. I'm feeling super isolated/unmotivated and failing a few of my college courses this semester. I'll have 8 months in a few weeks and am still just feeling really rough... sometimes I wonder if I'm not progressing as fast as everyone else in their recovery. Any tips other than exercise that'll help me feel more on track? It might be just a mindset issue but I'm feeling super stuck.

Thanks, Cheerio 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...