QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Help, sucked into a vyvanse/adderall addiction

Twinmomaddict

Hi all,

I’m a busy mom of twin girls and a boy, all toddlers and working a demanding job as a statistician in biotech. I got sucked into this two months ago. I never wanted to abuse them, but it kept happening until I ran out of my script and would withdrawal.  I promised myself I wouldn’t do it again but here I am with only 3 vyvanse left and I don’t see my psych till Monday. I plan to ask to be tapered off but I’m so scared I won’t be able to. I was already in rehab back in July and I’m afraid what’s gonna happen at work without them. I need to get off these pills they are ruining my life please and kind words of encouragement would be great. I feel so alone with nobody to talk to about this stuff thanks. Every time I go into withdrawal it feels like my life is ending!!

It IS terrifying. You need all the help and support you can get. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Use this site for all its worth. It will help. I just quit on Monday and so far it’s going better than I thought it would and I’ve worked every day this week. I did what I could to lighten my schedule, but it also helped me I think that I needed to get up and go to work and see people. Your life and your kids’ lives without the pills WILL get better and better. You can do it. Don’t quit trying to quit. You’re worth it. I knew I had to go cold turkey because every time I tried to taper I just ended up running my script out early anyway...try not to beat yourself up. You will survive without them. 

• Like 3

Hi, one thing adderall addiction will make you believe is that you're not capable of doing anything without them. THIS IS A LIE OF ALL LIES.  You were capable (maybe tired, but still capable) before, you are capable now. There is research that says those on adderall think they produce superior results, when in actual fact, the results are the same as anyone else's. You can and will do this on your own. You deserve it for yourself. Yes, the kids are important, but you are more important. It will be hard but you will laugh again soon and get proper rest and the insanity will go away.  We believe in you! You can do it!

• Like 2