QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Will I ever return to normal?

newboy

What if the answer to your worst-case scenario was yes? What if there was hard evidence supported by clinical trials which proved that ANY amphetamime use caused these permanamt changes in the brain? Including your loss of pre-adderall motivation? Would you just say 'fuck it' and go back on adderall for the rest of your life?

I am gonna keep asking you the hard questions. Did your experience with adderall made you dumber and lazier than you were before taking it, or did it transform a smart, abiitious teenager into a lazy dumb-ass who cannot even get out of bed on time each day? In your opinion, what is "normal" for you? What are your future goals and ambitions that you suspect adderall has fucked with?

I am concerned that you are setting yourself up for living in the past and blaming adderall for all that went wrong in your life. Accept the changes, challenges, and opportunities that GROWTH provides all of us. Little kids grow up. College kids grow smarter. We grow into things and we grow out of things as adults, and then we grow old. When one quits growing they become mentally stale.

What you perceive to be "normal" is how you felt and acted before your experience with adderall and finding your B12 deficiency. But things were not perfect then because you were looking for a solution in the form of a pill called adderall. So you might never again feel like you did before taking adderall, not just because you took the adderall, but because the times and experiences of your life have continued and you have continued to grow with time. It's just one of life's many challenges; deal with it.