QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Trouble Eating After Quitting - Day 16

soundguy22

Hello, I'm new here and on day 16 of my quit after 3.5 years of 10-20mg dose.  I quit cold turkey and it has been quite the roller coaster.  The biggest issue I'm having is that it's very hard for me to eat food still and I'm losing weight.  I know I am hungry and I want to eat but once I start eating, it's hard for me to swallow food.  Looking through the articles on quitting adderall, I feel like I am alone in this symptom.  The anxiety and depression I feel seem to be more related to this issue than to the actual quit itself, it makes me feel like I can't do the other things I need to do in order to get healthy.  Has anyone else experienced this after quitting?  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!  Congrats on quitting and staying quit for half a month.  Eating good food is important in your recovery.  Most people eat a lot and gain weight after quitting.  Is this something that just developed after you quit taking aderall?  If it is hard to swallow food, what about trying some of the liquid food supplements like Ensure or Boost?  Maybe there is something else going on with your digestive system and it was just a coincidence?  If it continues, it might be a good idea to ask a doctor.