QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall use and divorce

Shayk

Looking for some feedback regarding my current situation. My partner of 18 years first tried adderall from a stranger while we were on vacation and partying (which I gave him shit about once he told me). Anyways fast forward, he convinced his family doctor to prescribe him adderall, though for 37 years of his life has never been diagnosed, by the same dr, with any medical reason for this medication.  Husband started partying every night, drinking, etc. Which obviously negatively affected our marriage. I think he was taking the adderall the mornjgn after drinking to get him going for the day. After months of psrtying comes home at 6 am and i am 6 months pregnant and ask him to leave. I go in the garage and find more prescription bottles of the adderall. I call his mother to pick him up ( he left his car wherever and phone during his drunken stupor) And he goes looking to grt the pills which i hid. I show his mother the pills when she arrives and said to him thatni threw them out. He starts losing his mind screaming at me, chasing me saying he needs those. I gave them to his mom to dispose of and after they left she gave them back to him. This was over a yesr ago. Since then he has not returned home, was no present for the end konths of my pregnancy and even the birth of our second daughter did not bring him home. He has continued partying and we are on our way to a divorce. He has nlamed me for everything and the disolutionnof marriage, it is like any good of the past 18 years never existed, he does not care to break up our family with small kids and he shows no remorse for anything he has done. I do believe adderall has played a factor in him becoming a completely different person. We did not have a smooth marriage so i dont want to wholely blame his medication use however it is the complete lack of empathy remorse or guilt that is shocking. I stumbled across this site today while searching if adderall can chnage your color as i noticed today during a fave to face that his actual eyes have turned from brown to a hazel green. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I am just looking to see if he is still using as we have not cohaitated inna year.

thankyou in advance for your insight.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, Shayk said:

He has blamed me for everything and the dissolution of marriage, it is like any good of the past 18 years never existed

he shows no remorse for anything he has done

it is the complete lack of empathy remorse or guilt that is shocking

Find my posts.  I have written pretty much these exact quotes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oswhid said:

Find my posts.  I have written pretty much these exact quotes.

I did read all your posts. 
i am happy that your family was able to survive this drug and the situations it creates. Unfortunately i dont think we will make it as he introduced our 3.5 yr old to his secret girlfriend lastnight without my knowledge. I do hope he can fix himself though for her and our other 10 month okd daughter.