QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Over 2 Months

sirod9

Hello! Still off of adderall. I like lists, they are easy - so here is a list of updates:

• I sleep 9+ hours a night, sometime 10 hours;
  • I was promoted at work (i may have mentioned that in my last post);
  • I'm doing well at work (surprisingly), and can keep a steady pace most of the day, most of the time;
  • but when I get home, I am a lump on a log, then I go to sleep;
  • I gained 15-18 pounds;
  • I lost 3 
  • I've begun intermittent fasting throughout the week, but on the weekends - I do what I want! within reason;
  • My relationship is better and stronger than ever - very grateful for that;
  • I did start craving adderall over the last week. just trying to bring that out into the open and process the cravings;
  • I'm grateful to be off of adderall, but I'm also looking forward to having normal energy levels - or maybe I will be tired forever, idk. better than being stuck in that horrible cycle.

Question to the long timers (used a lot for a long time, but have been clean for a long time): when (if ever) did your energy levels improve? 

Thank you for reading. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, sirod9 said:

Question to the long timers (used a lot for a long time, but have been clean for a long time): when (if ever) did your energy levels improve? 

My energy levels and motivation started improving big time after I started taking action and exercising despite having zero motivation to do so.  If you can create the discipline to keep taking action despite how you feel, motivation and energy will start compounding.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom23Jones said:

My energy levels and motivation started improving big time after I started taking action and exercising despite having zero motivation to do so.  If you can create the discipline to keep taking action despite how you feel, motivation and energy will start compounding.

I guess you just have to do it despite how you feel. that must be the lesson in all of this, its not how you feel in the moment, it is the belief in yourself to do it anyways. thank you for the reminder.