QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sex drive after quitting

sirod9

hello -

I am 4 1/2 months off of adderall. I'm much better off of it, but I feel like I'm at a "4 month funk." In particular, my sex drive has lessened significantly. Has anyone experienced this? Did your sex drive return, and if so, when did it return. I guess I'm looking for words of encouragement and hope.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi @sirod9, congrats on 4 1/2 months! You’re still pretty early on in the process, so wouldn’t worry a whole lot about your sex drive right now. Your body and mind have more healing to do and sex is one of those things that usually takes care of itself as you continue to get more physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy. I started dating my now-wife 1 year into sobriety and sex drive has never been an issue for me (I’ve been sober 3 1/2 years now). Keep getting healthy and it will come back!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

@sirod9 I’m over a year sober, with a couple short relapses here and there. I’m still searching for my libido, but I will say small things like arousal and desire are becoming more frequent. We’re all different, but my libido has definitely taken the hardest hit with my abuse. I did have my PCP draw labs and was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism, which I’ve never had a problem with before. Apparently no meds are needed for that, but I may ask if my recheck is the same. Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 6:02 PM, NurseAddy said:

@sirod9 I’m over a year sober, with a couple short relapses here and there. I’m still searching for my libido, but I will say small things like arousal and desire are becoming more frequent. We’re all different, but my libido has definitely taken the hardest hit with my abuse. I did have my PCP draw labs and was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism, which I’ve never had a problem with before. Apparently no meds are needed for that, but I may ask if my recheck is the same. Best of luck!

Things have improved much since this post. I'm at almost 10 months, and I am able to "get in the mood' with my partner. Things were hairy at 4 months :| - I remember being so worried, because he was worried. One think I did, instead of getting in my head when we were kissing and cuddling, I would feel the sensation in my body and go with it. that helped a lot. I'm lucky to have a really loving partner that I can trust. If I was single, I would not care to have a libido! 

• Like 2