QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 11

AguyinMT

Hello, 

just joined this site. I have been on Adderall for 3 years 30 mg/day for ADHD. I started abusing it a little over a year ago and would take up to 100 mg/day on occasion. I’ve tried stopping a few times without luck, I always find an excuse to use it again. 

I’m 11 days addy free today mainly because I abused it and ran out of meds two weeks early. This is one of the longest times I’ve gone without it. I have hope. I am starting to feel a sense of peace coming back into my life. I know I need to fight the good fight, for my wife and young children.

I am still exhausted every day but I know it won’t last forever. I feel better today than I did a week ago, so that’s been encouraging.

I just hope I don’t convince myself that I need it again. Adderall runs my life, I plan everything around it, it’s not good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AguyinMT said:

I just hope I don’t convince myself that I need it again.

The part of you that wants the drug certainly will convince you that you need it again. It’s the cycle. Have you told anyone about your addiction? Do you plan on cutting off your access? You’re using upwards of 100mg/day, Addy will never be ‘medicine’ to you again. Welcome to the forums, wishing you the best of success and hope to see you around here turning the days into weeks into months!