QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Approaching 1 Year - Need to vent

sirod9

August 1st will be my 1 year off of adderall date. I guess I have this belief that I will be magically better once I hit a year. But to be honest, I am struggling pretty badly. I'm depressed, I can't stand my job, I'm having relationship issues (not sure if this will last), I feel tired, cognitive issues, no creativity or motivation to do anything, did I mention work is painful, ugh.

I guess I'm experiencing PAWS...STILL. But it seems to be lasting a while. I'm even having trouble typing this out. Its frustrating! Maybe this is my normal. I just need to accept that I will occasionally be "out of service" for a bit. Maybe I need to chill out and ride the wave. 

I am experiencing cravings, but not to the point of wanting to actually take adderall. it is just lingering in the back of my mind. 

Sorry if this does not make sense. I am just a pile of discomfort right now. Any encouragement from those who have recovered long term would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 3

Sirod9 - I finally set up an account because I am so close to a relapse. I too am going to be a year off in August, and I too am struggling terribly. I only want to write to say that you're not alone. It's very hard to fight through the hard times, but I hope that you do. I feel like I should try to make it to a year and then reassess but it's been so very hellishly hard! I'm wishing you lots of luck and here's some solidarity for you.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, risingpheonix said:

Sirod9 - I finally set up an account because I am so close to a relapse. I too am going to be a year off in August, and I too am struggling terribly. I only want to write to say that you're not alone. It's very hard to fight through the hard times, but I hope that you do. I feel like I should try to make it to a year and then reassess but it's been so very hellishly hard! I'm wishing you lots of luck and here's some solidarity for you.

Hi RisingPhoenix - Thank you! it is so hard. let's make a pact - to keep going and reassess at the 2 year mark, which seems to be enough time for our brains to heal. Relapse is not a good idea, but I totally understand. Let's play the tape through. Where will we be a year from now if relapse vs. where will you be if you remain sober. 

• Like 1

I wish I could go in on the pact! It's a good idea. I just feel like - I got it in my head that I can't deal with the struggle anymore and now my mind is sort of made up. I don't know how to undo it. I am playing the tape forward and telling myself "it will only be for a month until I'm out of the pits". Will that be it? Or will my brain again build up dependency and then I won't be able to imagine life without it? I can't see the future, I can't play the tape! 

• Like 1

Im so sorry I know how hard it is!! @sirod9I quit for a yr and got back on- keep going. @risingpheonixThe first round of quitting was in my 20s. At the yr mark I just decided that I was severely ADD. I didn’t know it was normal to feel bad after a yr. Wish I could have quit for good then, 

Anyways I got back on for 7 +yrs. keep going. You make a lot of progress from 1-2 yrs. I’m at 3.5 yrs now and feel great. It was worth the hell to be free of the adderall cycle, I wish I could get all those yrs back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m34 said:

Im so sorry I know how hard it is!! @sirod9I quit for a yr and got back on- keep going. @risingpheonixThe first round of quitting was in my 20s. At the yr mark I just decided that I was severely ADD. I didn’t know it was normal to feel bad after a yr. Wish I could have quit for good then, 

Anyways I got back on for 7 +yrs. keep going. You make a lot of progress from 1-2 yrs. I’m at 3.5 yrs now and feel great. It was worth the hell to be free of the adderall cycle, I wish I could get all those yrs back 

Thank you for sharing this! knowing that it is "normal" to still feel this way around the 1 mark, and things will improve really helps, more than you know. 

19 hours ago, risingpheonix said:

I wish I could go in on the pact! It's a good idea. I just feel like - I got it in my head that I can't deal with the struggle anymore and now my mind is sort of made up. I don't know how to undo it. I am playing the tape forward and telling myself "it will only be for a month until I'm out of the pits". Will that be it? Or will my brain again build up dependency and then I won't be able to imagine life without it? I can't see the future, I can't play the tape! 

I've have been there. I quit for 10 1/2 months back in 2018, and relapsed. I too, had made up my mind that I was going to start taking it again. Two years later, I quit again...this time I'm at almost a year. You will be back, in the meantime, try to take good care of yourself! don't be too hard on yourself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, risingpheonix said:

Well, so far I made it another day! You've encouraged me and inspired me. Let's keep updating here. Hope to congratulate you on your one year. What's your quit date?

Yay!!! good job! I hope to congratulate you on your 2 year mark...one day at a time risingpheonix!