QuittingAdderall.com Forums

More bosses should be like this

It's a shame pill addiction is so pervasive that so many small business owners have to deal with it routinely. Seriously, he's right. Half the world is fucked up on pills because it's too easy.

Proud of the QA team today for not being part of such a growing problem. Stay strong.

• Like 1

I didn't hear the suicide bit, but I do think this boss did and said the right things - he clearly experienced a lot of the negative impacts of drug use on him and his business and family. I think it's unfair and selfish the way some addicts expect to be helped, when it's them who got themselves in to this situation. He's a tough guy, sure. But I think the way he handled this situation is correct. What else will get through to this drugged up guy?

I'm not normally a tough love supporter. But this drug abuser needed to have a mirror up to his face that this is his rock bottom and he needs to get help. The boss can't be held responsible for his suicide, if that's indeed what he did (and don't get me wrong I sincerely hope he didn't), the guy needed to realize he can't continue to operate as a functional human being while being in a headlock with pills.