QuittingAdderall.com Forums

When will it be our turn?

I guess if Adderall killed people it would get more attention. I mean, sure, a few people have died from it due to pre-existing heart conditions, but most regular people don't die from...staying awake. So the social costs aren't as obvious and shocking as DEATH. Plus, Adderall promotes the American values of work and productivity and is a convenient solution for some parents and teachers. Some parents will jump at the chance to give their kids a performance advantage, ADD or no. I think it's going to be a slower national realization that amphetamines aren't the answer for boosting school/work performance, kind of like the army learned over time during WWII that they did more harm than good when it came to boosting performance on the battlefield.

Fun fact: from 1898 to 1910, Heroin was sold as a cough medicine for children and a non-addictive alternative to morphine.

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/chibps/heroin

I agree with you Cassie and I think amphetamines in some form other have gone through their boom n bust cycles for decades, it just happens that ritalin and adderall is fashionable today. I realized this after posting the article that actually, if the FDA curbed adderall distribution it would just go underground. Maybe they realize that they'd rather have an adderall epidemic on their hands than an even bigger meth one (assuming that adderall may be a gateway to meth, which is feasible).

• Like 1

Adderall should be banned and pulled off the shelves...there really is not enough information out there on adderall addiction. A small fraction relative to painkiller addiction or other drugs.

Seriously. This is one of the reasons i kept my addiction to myself. No one would have taken me seriously. Even the people that i did tell thought it was not that big of a deal. I guess you can't really understand the true evil of adderall unless you have had it take away your life and soul. Death is obviously possible with adderall, but it is more of a slow, sad, drawn out death...which in my humble opinion is much worse.
  • Like 1