QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My Story, Continued-- Reflections after 30 Days

BeHereNow

Wow! I'm so happy I wrote this, I knew I would need it! Sitting in the library with willpower eroding in a massive landslide of I DON'T WANNA and DAMN why didn't I conserve more of those pills (oh that's right, because I was incapable of it), drinking hella coffee and thinking thoughts like, "coffee? what is this, the third grade?" LOL It's just a really long grey day and I haven't gotten ANY work done. My will to succeed has just been revived a little.....just a little.

But seriously people, all the journaling and posting and lists are NOT for nothing!! Write it all down! It comes and goes!

• Like 1

Occasional is right. Writing it down is so important!

What you wrote here is so, so true. Totally resonates with my experience.

"I thought I was taking you to help me be successful. But what the hell kind of success is that life? It’s the opposite of success, and it’s no way to live. By robbing my soul from me, my work, and the world, you made me LESS successful. Far less successful. By socially isolating me and stifling my soul, keeping you around was ruining my career and my life, and the scary thing is that I didn’t even know it. For some twisted reason I still believed in you. You would always beckon, whispering these sweet lies I wanted to believe. You told me that as long as I took a bunch of addies I would be able to write, would be able to finish it up."

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wow! How powerful! You have told your story well Occasional01.Thank you fro giving me hope at my 30 day mark. I am so pleased that you are still around here on QuittingAdderall. In the 2 months I have been viewing the site, I have seen that there are only a select few who really make it. My plan is to be one of the success stories. I need to write a goodbye letter to Adderall too.Thank you again for your presense, support and inspiration.

• Like 1

Congrats on 30 days Jon!!!  And many thanks for your kind words!!  Writing this goodbye letter was really important to me, and I kept re-visiting it to remember why I was going through this quitting hell.  I'd recommend it.  It was pretty powerful experience to write it all out and tell adderall to fuck off!  Ha!  

I can tell that you WILL be a success story.  It's true that a lot of people relapse and disappear from here.  Staying on this site and posting often is a huge part of why I'm still quit today, almost 7 months strong.   Keep it up, it's totally worth it.

• Like 2