QuittingAdderall.com Forums

deleted

Searchingsoul9

that basically boils down to harassment at the workplace. save all texts and proof of his behavior, everything that doesn't belong in a work place environment, and you could ultimately sue for harassment, early termination, etc. Just keep your side of the street clean. If your boss isn't helpful and doesn't fire the chef (because he is going to get the company in trouble) then you can sue (or threaten) the shit out of them. sounds totally inapropriate and f'd.

• Like 2

Yeah, what Sky said...NOT COOL....NOT OKAY.....and also NOT LEGAL. you do NOT have to put up with that. Is there an HR person you can speak to about this? It's totally sexual harassment. You can't cut someone's hours because they rejected your unwelcome advances. And he's lying about you too? F that, you should fight back girl!!

• Like 1

that basically boils down to harassment at the workplace. save all texts and proof of his behavior, everything that doesn't belong in a work place environment, and you could ultimately sue for harassment, early termination, etc. Just keep your side of the street clean. If your boss isn't helpful and doesn't fire the chef (because he is going to get the company in trouble) then you can sue (or threaten) the shit out of them. sounds totally inapropriate and f'd.

It is completely fucked. But i am really close to my boss and everyone i work with. I would feel so fucked up threatening to sue. If he doesn't fix things, i will look for a new job. I am not trying to cause trouble

Yeah, what Sky said...NOT COOL....NOT OKAY.....and also NOT LEGAL. you do NOT have to put up with that. Is there an HR person you can speak to about this? It's totally sexual harassment. You can't cut someone's hours because they rejected your unwelcome advances. And he's lying about you too? F that, you should fight back girl!!

It's a family owned business. No human resources. It's a fucked up work environment to begin with, but there's no rules here.

Searchingsoul,

I am offering this advice to you free but please know it comes from a place of deep expertise; I'm not simply an impassioned woman and fellow professional. You are a victim of sexual harassment. Please take it seriously. Here are a few suggestions.

1. Stop posting about it here or anywhere else online, in email communications, etc. There is really no such thing as "invisible" on the internet. And you want to avoid any kind of retaliation.

2. Mention to your employer that you have been mistreated in the workplace and that if it doesn't stop that you may be seeking counsel. This kind of strategic ambiguity of language can sometimes have the desired affect - it's meaningful without being threatening. Tell your employer the facts, nothing more, nothing less; keep it in writing (for your own records), and tell your employer what you want. If you have an employment contract, read it over carefully.

3. If the behavior continues, talk to an employment lawyer. If all of the above information from you is correct, and you have evidence, you have a very solid case for a civil suit on your hands. Your employer should know this.

Being a family-owned business is no excuse for mistreatment of employees. This is a very serious case and you should treat it as such. If it doesn't stop, your "colleague" may continue to do it without recourse or ramification to other employees, co-workers, etc. This kind of behavior is unlawful and a very serious offense.

• Like 2

Searchingsoul,

I am offering this advice to you free but please know it comes from a place of deep expertise; I'm not simply an impassioned woman and fellow professional. You are a victim of sexual harassment. Please take it seriously. Here are a few suggestions.

1. Stop posting about it here or anywhere else online, in email communications, etc. There is really no such thing as "invisible" on the internet. And you want to avoid any kind of retaliation.

2. Mention to your employer that you have been mistreated in the workplace and that if it doesn't stop that you may be seeking counsel. This kind of strategic ambiguity of language can sometimes have the desired affect - it's meaningful without being threatening. Tell your employer the facts, nothing more, nothing less; keep it in writing (for your own records), and tell your employer what you want. If you have an employment contract, read it over carefully.

3. If the behavior continues, talk to an employment lawyer. If all of the above information from you is correct, and you have evidence, you have a very solid case for a civil suit on your hands. Your employer should know this.

Being a family-owned business is no excuse for mistreatment of employees. This is a very serious case and you should treat it as such. If it doesn't stop, your "colleague" may continue to do it without recourse or ramification to other employees, co-workers, etc. This kind of behavior is unlawful and a very serious offense.

I REALLY, deeply appreciate your advice. I will consider my options, i just hope it gets worked out on its own!