QuittingAdderall.com Forums

This thread is going to be very boring so do not feel the need to respond

Ok so I am somehow really great at being "rebellious" about my to do lists. I am really great at writing them, and then really great at doing everything else OTHER than doing what is on them. So I am going to start using this thread as my to do list, because well it's the only thing that has worked for me with quitting adderall, and quitting adderall is the only thing I seem to have managed to get right the last few months.

So, I do not expect anyone to be remotely interested in my daily task list and I apologize in advance for putting this here. Please feel free to ignore. In fact, I urge you to ignore.

To do today:

1. Fix boiler (heat broke today, it's freezing in here)

2. Apply for professional certification exam and begin studying

3. Research US citizenship application process, begin studying for exam, define a date to take the exam

4. Set up at least 3 interviews next week

5. GO TO THE GYM YOU LAZY POS. Your reward will be to sit in the sauna for 20 mins afterwards.

6. Do the laundry

7. Call your ex-employer about your benefits

8. Health care insurance claims for psychotherapy

9. Call your mother (ugh)

10. Go to grocery and buy groceries for the next few days. No more takeout. it's expensive and you have no idea what you're putting in to your body.

Ok, here goes!

Dude, that's an ambitous to-do list! It would take me like three days to accomplish all those things. I totally believe you could do it all, cause you seem like a badass.

My one tip is for tasks with undefined endpoints, like "research US citizenship process and begin studying for exam" I find it helpful to set time-based goals and break tasks into small pieces. Like:

- Spend 30 minutes (or one hour) researching citizenship process and studying for exam

- Purchase books needed to study for professional certification exam

You can totally check those things off at the end of the day.

A sauna sounds like a great reward for accomplishing all that!

• Like 1

K I'm back with my own non-work to-do list for the day. Hold me accountable.

1. Clean and vacuum upstairs room.

2. Go on a walk

3. Tweet three professionally relevant things (pertinent not to current job, but to hopefully future job)

4. Recalculate monthly personal budget based on new salary

Been putting that fourth one off for a month now...

• Like 1

Is this all for today?! My to-do lists are equally long and ambitious.....and I always feel like a failure for not accomplishing everything on them. I've been making shorter to-do lists that break down each item into small chunks I can check off. Still not accomplishing everything.

So .... Good luck!!

(And if for some reason you don't get to everything today--because if you do then you must be superhuman--well.....please try not to be too hard on yourself! :)

Ok how'd you guys go? I never thought this would catch on but more's the better! Here's where I am with my list, it was the most productive day I've had in a really long time (like 2 weeks maybe?).

1. Fix boiler (heat broke today, it's freezing in here)

FIXED

2. Apply for professional certification exam and begin studying

DONE

, Will be writing study plan tonight

3. Research US citizenship application process, begin studying for exam, define a date to take the exam RESEARCHED, printed necessary documentation, will fill forms out over the weekend. Can't set a date to take exam until I've done like 5 other big things first which will probably take several months.

Next to do list is the things on that new list.

4. Set up at least 3 interviews next week DONE!

5. GO TO THE GYM YOU LAZY POS. Your reward will be to sit in the sauna for 20 mins afterwards.

Ok so I didn't do this. Man, this whole working out thing appears to be my michegas.

6. Do the laundry

yeah ok tomorrow.

7. Call your ex-employer about your benefits DONE

8. Health care insurance claims for psychotherapy DONE

9. Call your mother

Tomorrow. Mum, if you're reading this, I will call you tomorrow.

10. Go to grocery and buy groceries for the next few days. No more takeout. it's expensive and you have no idea what you're putting in to your body.

Tomorrow. I had to sit at home in the freezing cold today.

Ok, here goes!

• Like 1