QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My Brain Feels Like a Computer Screen Saver

Mikey D

I quit a few weeks ago, I should know the exact days, but my brain power doesn't even feel like calculating how long it's been since I quit. What am I trying to say here?

Life before adderall seemed a lot more, Alive...I think that's what I'm trying to say. I felt more alive, more like myself. Anymore I feel mentally lazy. Mentally lazy to the max, and it pisses me off. My life has become a blur. I have stupid thoughts like - Maybe I've done permanent damage to my brain? Thoughts that my dopamine has permanently down regulated and it's not coming back to normal levels.

I haven't had any stimulants since I quit. No coffee, no Yerba, etc. Maybe I need to wake up in the mornings and go running and ride the endorphine bandwagon for the day. I do try to think of happy things, things that seems to bring a small sense of peace to my mind. Watching movies I love, or listening to 80s music, and synth pop. Anything to spark some mental inspiration, anything that brings a small splice of clarity to drown out the lethargic brain fuzz.

Anybody have any suggestions to recovery or a personal progress report. How long till you felt like yourself? Last time I quit it took me about 3 months to start to feel steady. For some reason my mind is telling me I've gone to far this time. I know thats probably BS, but I'm tired of feeling tired and unfocused. I even feel clumsy which I never had that problem before amphetamines.

I feel hear you. Before Adderall, I was the most energetic person. I could run circles around people half my age. In college, my IQ was 166. A few months ago I did one online while on Adderall. I think I might of scored 100 or so. Not sure how accurate it was but, I know I could not focus throughout the test and my brain felt like mush. I love to go walking but since the weather sucks right now, I haven't been able to do that . That is a big mood lifter for me. I have been listening to music and just getting up and dancing. It helps but the lack of energy is still there. I am only on day 7 so I can't tell you how long it will take to feel like yourself. This is the longest I have gone without Adderall since starting it. Good luck. I will keep you updated if I find anything new that helps.

Getting up and going running is probably a good idea. It helps just have some kind of routine or ritual that gets you going in the morning, whether it's running or coffee or vitamins. Plus you said last time it took 3 months and now you're just a few weeks in, so stick with it!

I feel hear you. Before Adderall, I was the most energetic person. I could run circles around people half my age. In college, my IQ was 166. A few months ago I did one online while on Adderall. I think I might of scored 100 or so.

I had exactly this experience too, even down to the numbers (~165 down to ~100). I am going to take it again in a couple of months (too scared to right now!).

• Like 1