QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Enough bitching and pitty party

ldmcniel

Ok, day 7 down! Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! So I decided to get off my ass, stop bitching, and to stop throwing myself a pitty party. Yes, the cravings are there, the mood is up and down, I have lows and highs but I need to start living again since I am starting to feel more alive! I am in no way putting down anyone that is going through the depression and unmotivation. This is all me telling myself to move forward. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot!

• Like 2

Yessssssss go ldmcniel!!! I know everyone's depression is different but if its possible for you to work through the depression and move forward.....then GO FOR IT!! Life is too short!

CONGRATS on day 7!!!! You have come so far!!!!

For me, staying distracted and busy and positive is key to overcoming the doldrums..... even going out drinking with friends is better than staying home laying in bed being depressed. Not that I'm getting any work done in either case..... but you know what they say, laughing is a great way to avoid crying.

• Like 1

Exactly. I'm not getting shit done either..my mom is threatening that we have to spend 2 hrs in the unorganized garage today!!!! God no!!!! Anything but that!!!! I can get the basics done...laundry,the bedroom...etc. ...and cooking to encourage my ever expanding ass. I'd like to stick to that today....Superbowl. and I could give a shit who wins...but I love the snacks!!! I accept that I have a hard time with embarking on high organization tasks...but I really wasn't geting shit done on addies...just appeared that way cuz I was always moving.

• Like 2

I accept that I have a hard time with embarking on high organization tasks...but I really wasn't geting shit done on addies...just appeared that way cuz I was always moving.

So true. I am still digging out of the adderall-induced clutter. Just one more thing that adderall quit working for me and started working against me. And the always moving thing - I could be "busy" for hours, then look back at the end of the day and find that I was just busy being busy while not getting a goddamn thing accomplished.

• Like 1

My ex husband would come home from work and say.".so what the fuck did you do all day Heather?"hmmmm...good question?? But I can assure you I haven't sat down in 2 days...I couldn't even sit thru a commercial. And I did color like 15 pictures of assorted sesame street characters....but laundry???? Fuck that. LOL

• Like 1

Ok, day 7 down! Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! So I decided to get off my ass, stop bitching, and to stop throwing myself a pitty party. Yes, the cravings are there, the mood is up and down, I have lows and highs but I need to start living again since I am starting to feel more alive! I am in no way putting down anyone that is going through the depression and unmotivation. This is all me telling myself to move forward. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot!

CONGRATS TO YOU! You sounds very positive! I am in a mega unmotivated slump. But i will be forced out of it tomorrow and the rest of my school week. Hopefully i can do it!
  • Like 1

I think people think I am on drugs more now then when I was actually on them. I have always been a carefree, humorous, but blunt km, and a smart ass kind of person. ( I think that is why people thought I needed to be on Adderall in the first place). That true inner self is starting to emerge more and more each day. I still am afraid that I might never get back to feeling the way I did before Adder all, but I am hopeful that my brain cells are starting to repair and the funny girl who annoys everyone will be back in full force.

• Like 1

On more drugs now than before! LOL.... I'm willing to bet the real, full YOU will be returning full force soon. After all that time you spent taking soul-deadening drugs, I bet there is a lot of your personality that's been repressed for all that time......and that will come flooding back full force. Your brain is healing and your soul didn't die, it was just hiding/sleeping for awhile.

At least, I think that's what might be happening to my personality.... the waking dead coming back to life, LOL.....I didn't even dress up for Halloween since I was already a zombie....! and now I'm..... making up for time lost and have so much personality flooding back I can't even handle it....or maybe it's also because I just turned 30, the magical age of no longer giving a shit, LOL.....It has to be one of my favorite parts about quitting, this personality returning surprises me every day.

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well ldmcniel!!! Keep it up!!

• Like 1