QuittingAdderall.com Forums

DAY 4 OFF ADDERALL

HELLO,

I threw my prescription of adderall down the garbage disposal on Sunday (Mother's Day ). I wanted the date to be significant. I am on day 4 without adderall and feel like a walking zombie. All I do is sleep!!!!! i feel extremely sick and have been throwing up everything i eat. I also have been getting really bad headaches. I have been taking 120 mg daily for about a yr and a half.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions???  It would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Im trying to be strong but at the same time i feel so weak!!!  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

One more thing- days 4 & 5 were the worst EVERY single time I've quit. The first 2 weeks it's enough to just make it through the day. 120mg is big. I took huge doses as well. Please be easy on yourself and your expectations of what you "should" be accomplishing right now. I wish you the best.

• Like 2

ForMyDaughter,

That is so awesome and strong of you to toss out your prescription, good for you and we're proud of you! And on Mothers Day, that is amazing and very sentimental and you will always look back and remember this date as the day you decided to get healthy and get control of your life again. Your making the right first steps to become clean and starting your healing/recovery process. The first few weeks are hard as hell. I don't even remember them, I think I slept for most of it. Definitely tell your family/loved ones what you are doing so they understand, support and are there for you to help you out with anything during this tough time. Also, you tossed out your current prescription but you should cut ties with your doctor and/drug dealer so you can't get your hands on any more in the future.

I felt very sick and flu like the first few weeks after quitting, I believe they can possibly be some Adderall withdrawal systems. And it's normal. It sucks and is very uncomfortable but normal. You were on a very high amount though and I do agree with Justin, about possibly getting some professional help to make this as comfortable as possible and this quit permanent. I got those same systems just by not taking it for a day (like I was hungover or something), before my quit.

About 3 weeks or so, after quitting, I started hot yoga and it helped so much. I know it sounds crazy and like a lot of work but it felt amazing and sweating it all out really helped and been great. I think it has helped a lot in my recovery. I gained a lot from it and since I have moved to FL (the beginning of April) I haven't done any hot yoga and I'm really missing it. I just got a Groupon and going to start going again within the next few days. Hope this helps! And I hope you start feeling better :)

• Like 2

You guys are the best!!!!! Im on day 6 with no adderall!!! Im on an emotional roller coaster ride. I just randomly cry at any given minute hysterically!!!! My thoughts have been very irrational and i have been extremely depressed. My house is a mess which hasnt been in a yr and a half due to the adderall of course. I loved cleaning on adderall. My house was always spotless and organized. Now i have to get use to the fact that my house is not always going to be perfect because i have a one and a half yr old daughter who loves making messes!! Has anyone gone to a detox or rehab to help with the withdrawal symptoms? Im considering going to a 5 day detox program but really rather do it at the comfort of my own home. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to me!!!!!! It is greatly appreciated!!!!

• Like 1

Hang in there, you'll get through this

Here are some tips

1. Go really easy on yourself

2. Look into supplements like l tyrosine or a lot of people have found success with Wellbutrin. I went on an antidepressant when I quit

3. Read and learn as much as you can about adderall addiction so u understand what's happening to you

4. Watch netflix

5. Write down a list of how adderall hurt your life, everything you can think of write it down. And refer to that list all the time. You may even want to commit It to memory.

6. Sleep lots and just let the withdrawal take its course and be strong.

• Like 4

My depression has worsened since i stopped the adderall!!! All i do is cry. I feel like im going crazy!!!! Im so tired that i cant sleep. Any suggestions???

You are still in very early recovery.  Your brain chemistry is re-calibrating.  Feeling crazy is perfectly normal.  Just rest and make life as easy as possible. 

• Like 3

ForMyDaughter,

I agree with what everyone else has said on here to you! And hell yeah to the cutting off your supply, that is a huge step towards quitting, great job :) And CONGRATS being 8 days clean, that is huge... keep going!! :) We are rooting you on.

The depression is normal as well. So keep telling yourself this is a normal step/part of recovery. I went on Zoloft in Oct. 2 months before I quit and stayed on it up until around a month ago, it worked wonders but I believe it also made me more tired than I already was and it also made me gain weight. Of course, everyone is going to gain weight after stopping the use of a stimulate but I was craving crazy foods, I never ate or wanted before (like white bread) and I believe it was from the Zoloft. I've heard great things about Wellbutrin.

Because of the anxiety, I have been taking I tyrosine supplements but only when needed (so not everyday) and only at night but you may be able to take them during the day, I'm not sure. They make you very relaxed but not too sleepy.

I didn't do much during my first few weeks of quitting, besides sleeping, resting, relaxing, watching lots of movies, spending a lot of time on this site and then started yoga. Take it easy, be easy on yourself. Don't beat yourself up or be too hard on yourself. You are healing. This is a big deal. Your doing something amazing. I honestly think quitting Adderall was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my LIFE. I couldn't be happier right now. Of course, I still have my down days but who doesn't, that's apart of life. Overall, my depression and anxiety is way less than it was on Adderall or ADHD meds. I will be 5 months clean in 8 days! If I can do it, you can! Just take it one step at a time, one day at a time.

Coffee has been helping a lot now with waking up and energy - I'm not a morning person lol And also running, exercising and trying to eat as healthy as possible helps… I also try to drink at least 72oz of water a day.

You can also look into b12 supplements or shots for energy!

• Like 1

Wellbutrin has been in incredible for me. I've quit so many times. I tried supplements and no supplements. But wellbutrin has worked best by far. The emotional rollercoaster ride wasn't AS dramatic. The biggest help was that I haven't been tired. And I haven't craved cigarettes for the first time in 23 years. I still use magnesium, iron and fish oil but I'm grateful for the wellbutrin. Congratulations on calling your Dr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god that's so fucking hard!!!! You DID IT!!!!!!! You are tha bomb dot com;). I'm rooting for you! Sending love your way.

• Like 3

Wellbutrin has been in incredible for me. I've quit so many times. I tried supplements and no supplements. But wellbutrin has worked best by far. The emotional rollercoaster ride wasn't AS dramatic. The biggest help was that I haven't been tired. And I haven't craved cigarettes for the first time in 23 years. I still use magnesium, iron and fish oil but I'm grateful for the wellbutrin. Congratulations on calling your Dr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god that's so fucking hard!!!! You DID IT!!!!!!! You are tha bomb dot com;). I'm rooting for you! Sending love your way.

The way the cigarette cravings just disappears is one of the biggest benefits of quitting! Amy take this opportunity to just quit period. Doesn't get easier than now.

• Like 1