QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall addiction more mainstream than i thought

Greg

i think the thing that is unique about adderall as an abusable substance is that most people are not taking this drug to "get high". it starts out as either a "necessary" medication for the treatment of a condition OR is abused as a tool for performance enhancement. in that sense, there's a different kind of taboo and a different class of addict than what we're used to associating with a drug addiction.

what are the signs of abuse for heroin? alcohol? generally a deterioration of your life. signs of abuse for adderall? getting promotions and losing weight lol. in my opinion, these types of people are far less likely to identify as addicts, or too ashamed to admit when they have a fall from grace.

i think this is what makes our addictions such a lonely place to be ):

• Like 3

18 hours ago, oswhid said:

If his "substance addiction" is adderall, I hope that at some point he will address it publicly .  If several high profile people talk about it maybe adderall  addiction will start to be taken more seriously.  

Doubt it too many parents who have little Billy jacked up on addy and making straight A’s in school will scream anyone trying to speak truth on addy. Anytime FB has a story about the adhd medications I see feedback from parents telling people there kid has changed his or hers life and adderall is the best thing in the world. They don’t care to hear the truth because good grades and kids who behave is more important vs long term effects. Mostly same parents who are against any form of pot legalization because that’s a gateway drug yet speed is just fine for children lmao. 

• Like 2