QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Headaches

EricP

I’m finding along with my afternoon fatigue I get mild headaches. They are not migraines as I have had those unrelated to recovery.

These are more of an observed feeling that turns to much less comfertable pressure somewhat behind my eyes and in the front above/near my temples of my head almost like my brain saying “I am tired give me a break!” Many times I find drinking extra water and doing just that “taking a break” helps it subside... Advil helps also however I only go to that if it gets worse and/or I have to keep working.

I have also found stress makes them worse and sometimes when I get a little edgy I can trigger the beginning of one as well... 

More healing here to do, just sharing and hoping to hear others similar experiences.

Thanks for the input Cheeri0, yes I get my annual shot! Hope you feel better soon!

This is not exactly new. I have had some weird headaches on and off for awhile now. I think some of my other worse symptoms have subsided and am now just pushing myself a bit more so noticing new things. I had an MRI awhile back so I guess that at least rules out some things. Just trying to figure out the trigger and best remedy as I don’t want to be popping 3 Advil a day. 

Could be increased by the season, allergies etc and as with everything else in recovery time will tell. 

as i'm sure you know, headaches can be caused by way too many things for us non-doctors to diagnose accurately lol.. but my hunch is that it is not related to recovery, especially since you've been clean for a substantial amount of time now.

FWIW, headaches for me are always caused by dehydration and changes in diet. 

59 minutes ago, sleepystupid said:

as i'm sure you know, headaches can be caused by way too many things for us non-doctors to diagnose accurately lol.. but my hunch is that it is not related to recovery, especially since you've been clean for a substantial amount of time now.

FWIW, headaches for me are always caused by dehydration and changes in diet. 

I hear ya, your probably right. I didn’t expect anyone to diagnose me, haha. Just like all the other weird symptoms many of us share I was just curious if I was not the only one. I probably do need to keep track of my water intake, however in general I am usually pretty hydrated. Stress is another issue as well.