QuittingAdderall.com Forums

R-R-R-R-R-RELAPSE (one night only)

duffman

The first time I quit addy I kept a stash around. My honest thinking was it’s a dooms day kit. If a nuclear war broke out or zombies I could use those pills to be superhuman and save my family lol. I stashed them in a hard to reach spot in the ceiling rafters knowing the only time I’d go through the trouble to get them was a real emergency. After a month of stopping I climbed up got a broom and fought to get them out. No nuclear war and no zombies just gave in had to do laundry or something. I think the lesson here is never have any emergency stash.

Duffman know this was a bump in the road but stay close to this site it helps. If you would have given your thoughts leading up to this event chances are someone would have given you some good advice that may have persuaded you against taking it.

• Like 4

It’s a bump in the road. You are two years without Adderall so if you don’t take anymore then it will be quick to recover from one pill. I will take this as a warning though because I am at close to two years and I feel like I am home free but I know all it takes is a moment of weakness and I could end up back in the nightmare. Get rid of any stashed you might have. I can’t imagine being able to hold onto any stash for two years! No way!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danquit said:

It’s a bump in the road. You are two years without Adderall so if you don’t take anymore then it will be quick to recover from one pill. I will take this as a warning though because I am at close to two years and I feel like I am home free but I know all it takes is a moment of weakness and I could end up back in the nightmare. Get rid of any stashed you might have. I can’t imagine being able to hold onto any stash for two years! No way!

Yes it seems at two years I had and others a huge final push to really want it again. After a couple months past it has progressively gotten better but yes watch that two year mark. I think we feel a little let down things should be a lot better. It will get better but not magically at two year point for most. 

• Like 3

i'm really sorry to hear about this duffman- i can't imagine what it feels like to embarrass yourself in front of your hero. for what it's worth, i know the feeling of having adderall turn on you in at the worst possible time. my friend asked me to sing / play piano at her wedding, for her father daughter dance. several pills later, i bombed... so hard.. in front of hundreds of people. to this day i can't listen to that song without a sinking feeling. (which sucks cause it's in one of my favorite episodes of The Simpsons! lol)

you'll be fine- it was just that one day. it will be hard, maybe impossible to erase the pain of this memory, but it will always serve as a reminder that adderall leads to disaster.

• Like 3