OnSomething

Day 13 Update

4 posts in this topic

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks clean from Adderall! I went from 140mg a day to nothing and it honestly felt like I was waking up from a coma. By day 8 I actually felt a moment of HOPE and excitement for my future for the first time since before my addiction. I am obviously still early in my recovery but I think it'd be good for people who visit this site to see that recovery doesn't have to be excruciatingly painful. Every time I had tried to quit it was, but this time is different because I let my love for Adderall die first. Anyways, being an Adderall addict is no way to live and I pray for everyone who is on edge of quitting! If anyone has advice for finishing up my first month that'd be great :') 

6 people like this

yea- 140mg a day to nothing is quite a shock to the system! the first month will always feel the slowest. it's like going 100 mph into a 25 zone suddenly. it's gonna feel even slower than 25 should feel. i'm also convinced that amphetamine itself warps your perception of time.

keep on keeping on!

5 people like this

14 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

i'm also convinced that amphetamine itself warps your perception of time.

Yep.  Couldn't agree more.  I've lost entire days that I couldn't account for.

1 person likes this

On 6/5/2018 at 8:34 PM, quit-once said:

Yep.  Couldn't agree more.  I've lost entire days that I couldn't account for.

Doesn't that just creep you out? I feel like there are chunks of my life missing and frankly I don't really want to know what I was doing with that time. I'm thankful for a sober mind now!

2 people like this