QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anthony Bourdain suicide

Danquit

I have a suspicion that Bourdain was on Adderall because recently he was getting super thin and I remember thinking he has to be on Adderall when I saw him on tv. Anyway, I was a huge fan of his and I am in shock today as I mourn his loss. I remember the initial months of recovery and how I felt like wanting to die, it was awful and I am very thankful I made it through those dark times. If any of you are having suicidal thoughts, please seek help immediately, it can be treated and things will get better. Even sharing here can help, we will support you. 

I thought so too. And I remember planning to kill myself multiple times and how I was going to do it in the first few months because I couldn’t see any light in the darkness but thankfully I made it through. It’s such a scary thing and I’m so sad today. I have a semi colon tattooed on my wrist, I got it when I was thinking about killing myself and everyday seeing it is a reminder that my story is not over yet. Ugh life is a tough thing :(. Sad sad day. So amazing having this community! 

• Like 3

My dad doesn't believe the adderall is the problem he just thinks I'm a lazy ass, I've tried telling him and showing stories on here and he's just like, "that is out of your system in a month, you should be fine" he's just recently told me he's going to kick me out if I don't get my shit together. But yeah, I still agree I've been very lucky he's helped me out this far. 

18 hours ago, SeanW said:

My dad doesn't believe the adderall is the problem he just thinks I'm a lazy ass, I've tried telling him and showing stories on here and he's just like, "that is out of your system in a month, you should be fine" he's just recently told me he's going to kick me out if I don't get my shit together. But yeah, I still agree I've been very lucky he's helped me out this far. 

One month my ass it takes 2 yrs get your shit together. I’m pretty much back where I was now before addy but was a very long struggle. 

Far as this suicide I’m betting he was on a SSRI for mild depression then decided to off himself like so many others taking the mind altering crap. Could be adderall related as well all those Hollywood people on that shit but still does not trigger suicide like many antidepressant medications.

• Like 3