QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My Story So Far, 191 Days Clean

DrewK15

I have a very similar story. Ended up rock bottom, moved back home, went to an outpatient rehab for about two months. I'm 19 months clean and my anhedonia is still very prevalent. I find it very hard to find any motivation to do anything and I'm bored all time. I force myself to workout daily and eat healthy. Things have gotten slightly better with time. I'm am definitely a lot better than the first few months. I'm going to hang in there and hope for the best because a lot of long time quitters say you don't get significantly better till year two and three.

• Like 4

Day one off I was paranoid, severe social anxiety, dropped out of school, no job, no money, unable to get a job or communicate at all. 

Today I have a job, I can communicate though it still is uncomfortable, planning resume school in January. 

When I take things day to day a lot of the time I feel angry and helpless like I'll never get out of this but there has been progress you just have to look at the big picture and hang in there. 

I too have no clue what interest me. For the most part I feel numb and that I've lost my passion. Before I was so use to following what I felt but I can't do that anymore so I tell myself to just do what is logical and follow my brain make a decision and stick with it.

we all had adderall dreams for me I want to be a musician and play professional tennis

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Sean. It really is crazy how similar so many of our stories are on here. 

That term ‘Adderall Dreams’ really resonates with me. Until the last few weeks before my quit I had so much optimism about a life that was going nowhere. Now I have to remind myself daily that I’m actually going somewhere even if it doesn’t feel like it at that given moment.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This story sounds so familiar now. We all wound up on Adderall and it was the best thing ever for a while, then everything went south. I’m coming up on almost three years clean and I am so happy I made it. Life isn’t perfect but I shudder to think how I would be today if I were still on Addies. The crazy part is I also sometimes think how awesome I would be if I never quit, like I’d be some rockstar in my career or how I’d be building some awesome business like Elon Musk. That is what a great liar Adderall is, even after all this time, it still whispers bullshit to me. Fuck Adderall.

• Like 4