QuittingAdderall.com Forums

From starting to ending your addiction, how long did it take?

nic123

First two years I felt like a super human. Towards end of the third year I was falling apart physically from not sleeping or eating. For the next year and a half I tried quitting about 15 times before I finally quit one year and 9 months ago. So about four and a half years 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SeanW said:

First two years I felt like a super human. Towards end of the third year I was falling apart physically from not sleeping or eating.

pretty much this. by the 3rd year i was generally binging 4 days straight, then crashing for 2, repeat.

so out of 6 years of addiction, first 2 were magical. i realized it was a problem very early on within the first 2 years, but didn't give a shit (i was gonna be a rock star). i guess you could say i bottomed out (lost my job, degree, gf) towards the end of year 3. quit for about 3 months, then back on for another 3 years.. but the final 3 years were probably the most dangerous, because I no longer took adderall to accomplish my dreams. i was taking it to get high and ignore my problems, and i knew it. by the end of year 6, i had literally had random people asking me on a frequent basis whether i was "okay" -- i must have looked like a walking corpse. 

it would have killed me had i not stopped.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Took for over 8 years. I don’t think I realized it was causing problems until I quit. I didn’t register now anti-social I had become or how dependent on it I was for energy. Looking back now I realize I wasn’t full of life or really happy. I was Adderall happy. “Cleaning my floors is fun!!” 

I think it really started day one. So, it took me 8 years to wake up.

• Like 2