Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricP

2 Years!

3 posts in this topic

2 Years – Its been a very long road getting to this milestone. I feel like the first year was the hardest year of my life and was all pure healing time with many ups and downs; year two is when I actually began to slowly function again. Overall, I am much more myself now than my Adderall days or at any point in the first year of recovery. I actually “want” to do things and have become motivated to work and catch up with my hobbies again. I went from almost out of business to showing a profit again and catching up all my finances mainly in year 2.

I still have some odd physical symptoms and low energy days/moments/afternoons are usually when I feel a little down. Evenings are still not a very strong social time for me as by then I am pretty wiped from my day to deal with intense social situations. The feeling of pleasure is still not as great as it once was pre-Adderall… However I am accepting and just trying to make the most of each day.

For those new to recovery… My biggest advice would be limit sugar/carb intake and exercise no matter how hard it is and how tired you are. Cardio is a must in recovery! Tyrosine I do believe to be helpful however I cannot say that any supplements I tried (and I tried a lot) gave me any instant relief of measurable improvement. The healing process seems to be slow and unsteady regardless of actions and you really don’t ever feel like things are improving until you find yourself handling a situation that you couldn’t deal with a few months prior.

My advice is to never give up and do not give in to temptation. Exercise & eat healthy and do what you can to keep a healthy consistent sleep schedule. Supplements can’t hurt however do your research and don’t over do it… Any product promising energy will likely hurt your recovery process as it will be loaded with caffeine and who knows what else which will just create another dependency. I still find any of these stimulants really affect me now, I can feel really good after an energy drink however I really crash after sometimes for the entire next day… So I avoid anything more than my daily cup of coffee…

I’m not here as much as I used to be however, I still read and comment when I see an area that I can offer input or support.

Thank you all for your support here it really helped my survival especially the first year!

8 people like this

22 hours ago, EricP said:

you really don’t ever feel like things are improving until you find yourself handling a situation that you couldn’t deal with a few months prior.

totally this~!!!!!! well said!  it's so easy to get trapped into a mindset where you're waiting for something magical to happen, or suddenly feel healed one day. the reality is, you won't feel anything until you actually do something that you couldn't do before.

congrats on 2 years @EricP  (:

4 people like this

On 6/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, EricP said:

I can feel really good after an energy drink however I really crash after sometimes for the entire next day… So I avoid anything more than my daily cup of coffee…

I really like sugar-free red bull, and I really haven't noticed a down side to having one once in a while  when I want a lift (or a mix with vodka).  I also really enjoy my daily pot of coffee.

Wow, it sure doesn't seem like it has been two years since you first started posting.  I remember your early profile picture was a helicopter and I thought that was pretty cool. 

Thanks for sticking around and providing your valuable insight!   

1 person likes this