QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone suffer from insomnia after quitting??

jennablu

I know everyone is fatigued so it sounds crazy to not be able to sleep but I'm really struggling with this! For the first 2 - 3 weeks I could fall asleep while walking! Now - I still get really tired and can nap - but only for like an hour and I pop up! I fall asleep quickly but wake up EVERY night around 2 AM and sometimes never fall back to sleep?!?!?

Plus I have a major headache, which can be lack of sleep - I don't know!

I'm just a bundle of fun - huh :-)

I am going to the DR. Monday and overall I have felt pretty good! You know it isn't all rainbows but at least I am moving forward! Working-out again, engaging with friends again, feeling stuff again (other then sadness), working again - just not sleeping!

Thanks for any help :-)

Jenna

I have the same problem wake up 2 or 3 am. A good night sleep is very important for recovery. You said you are going to the doctor on Monday Your doctor will of course give you some more chemicals to get you to sleep probably give you some like bensos drugs or a sleeping pill the problem with drugs you know they can be addicting you have an addicting personality jest like most of us on this sit So ask your self the big question can I take sleeping meds responsibly and temporary .I have some options for you try not to take a nap during the day I know its easier said then don sometimes we get so frikin tierd that we need that cat nap during the day I now myself i can not function without a nap. Next option is some natural remedies supplements a caba stimulator supplements . The GABA receptors are a class of receptors that respond to the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Sorry I have no fuckin idea what I jest explained I jest No it relaxes you..

I like hole foods they have a money back 30 guarantee on there products if it don’t work for you they will refund your money back no questions asked . What I personally do for my self I drink a combination of teas cammamel tea and kava kava tea these are booth have a mild sedatives effect . It makes you relax and it is not habit forming . I mix one bag of cammamel and one bag of kava tea together in a cup microwave for 2 minuets then let it steep by covering the cup with a plate four 10 minutes skwese out the good juices out from the tea bags. This will help you sleep trust me it works If you get up at 2 am make another cup of tea and your body will relax so you can go back to sleeping. NO TV you can listen to some quieting soft music. THE FALCON

THE FALCON

Thanks Falcon, how are you doing??

Oh I know the dr. will just send me off with xanex :o - Believe it or not, I could take or leave anything other then addy's! And I sure as heck do not plan on getting hooked on something else. I'm a bit nervous because I have been getting really bad headaches too - so I just want to see what they say.

I think you are right on the naps! It is just so hard to cut them out and I work from home - so the bed calls to me!! I am trying different teas! I need to find a way to slow down my mind that just decides to start racing through everything at 2 AM! Thanks for the song too!

I have been taking Sam-E and it makes me feel great during the day - but I'm wondering if that is the culprit?!?!? Any experience with that?

I am doing so so not doing the best struggling with depression cant seem to get a handle on it. I will talk to my shrink. I am thinking about changing my antidepressant meds. I think I know more about meds then the shrink hes jest my drug puser . It is my haunch that the same e is keeping you up I have herd that you need to find the Wright does of same e it can be over stimulating .So find your Wright dos baby. Try my tea formula its cheap and it works for me .I also get head aces and mussel pain big time I believe its all part of the withdraw presses . Your friend FALCON

Hey Falcon and Jenna, I got some Sam E from the Trader Joes recently and started taking it... I think it might be giving me headaches... I take it in the morning with two Crave Control pills http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RDA87G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 . Not sure what any of them are doing. But I only take them in the morning before breakfast. Maybe they require a lot of water as well? Sorry to hear about the way you're feeling falcon, that does suck! not gonna try and play doctor with you, maybe with Jenna, but Exercise, Diet, and exposing yourself to positive new ideas (formerly under the guise of Positive Literature ((not limited to self help books, just new ideas))). There is a good book called Healing ADD http://www.amazon.com/Healing-ADD-Breakthrough-Program-Allows/dp/0425183270/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352149246&sr=8-1&keywords=healing+add+by+dr.+daniel+amen that I have that I got before I was prescribed adderall, that talks about 6 types of ADD and how to heal them with different NON MEDICINE lifestyle changes. It goes thru 6 different types of ADD, so you can read the chapters and try to determine which type you are, and then see how it says to eat, exercise, etc. to change your body chemistry I guess.... you might check it out.

I'm at 2 weeks off now, feeling great. Life is 180 degrees better, completely different, and I hope that doesn't sound like gloating or annoying but is instead more of hope that THINGS DO GET BETTER.

Hey there my friends I hope every one is doing as good as our brother SKY 2 weeks clean for him congratulations to you. Anyhow I am proud of your millstone keep up the good fight. I got my SAME E pills today at the vitamin shop the shit is a little pricey but if it helps then what the fuck grate. I will let you all know how it works for me I am already on L -Tyrosine and a High B complex it seems to be helping a little maybe it’s a placebo effect time will tell how well it works I will keep you posted . Jest a little note I did some calculation on how much money I am saving a month $525 for adderall $800 a month on drinking at the clubs. WOW that’s $1,325.00 a month what am I going to do with all that extra money. O yes I still have a nicotine habit if I quit smoking I will save another $240 a mount a pack of smokes in my area sells over $10 bucks a pack man what a racket 50% of the cost goes to taxes.

A song for my friends

• Like 1

damn Falcon, you were a BALLER in your party days! I shoulda hung with you! That's a lot of extra dough to have, that is the reward of not wasting it on partying... good times are fun, but what do you have at the end of the day? barely even memories. probably no digits. a hangover. and hopefully that's the worst of it... Those days were fun, seemed necessary, but as we grow up, we see more what really matters.... love, relationships, being a positive influence--- this world, our country, has gotten crazy. We've all lost sight of what matters, we're all collectively so self involved, so self important, we're rude and act entitled... It's important to be part of the solution, not the problem... we can do this by being productive and positive members of society. Learning a higher way of thinking and acting amongst our peers. Being cooperative and not competitive, realizing true success is not achieved at another persons expense. It ain't easy, especially with all the tools running around out there, but trying to consciously center and ground ourselves, not get caught up in the moment and lose our cool, and take the high road... though not that high road.... not saying there is not use for drugs. Sometimes they can be mind expanding, some good things have happened and been created with them, but it's a fine line, and the more recreational ones ultimately are just destructive and pure vanity... I hope you begin to feel better and possibly redefine yourself to yourself, change who you are from what you were to a new you. Not saying I see anything wrong, but that's growth, evolution, ascension.... we all should be trying to live a life of ascension... always, every day, trying to be better than we were yesterday.

Here's the ONLY beatles song I ever dug... I'm too much of a jam band kinda guy... has no relevance whatsoever...

http://youtu.be/1AN7S7n8VdM

Goodness, I don't think I could have hung with either of you during your party days :-) :o

Falcon, I spent a ridicules amount of money on add too! I have a daughter and struggle with some guilt over my 'addy' days! Just hang in there Falcon! When I feel overwhelmed I always try to look at what I have accomplished ~ and you have accomplished something HUGE ~by quitting! Aren't you like 5 or 6 weeks out?!? That is amazing! When you feel down think about that! ;)

I'm lucky and so grateful that I have an amazing 'friend' that I can talk to about all this and he has been very supportive and helped me with this journey ~ but it has not always been easy ~ that is for sure!

I think the Sam E was the culprit! It made me feel much better for the first 3 or 4 days but the headaches and lack of sleep just were not worth it! Hopefully you boys will have better luck. I cut out the Sam-E about 4 days ago and this morning I woke up headache free for the first time in about a week! Feels good - headaches are brutal! I did my rounds at the Dr.'s office yesterday and I think they took samples of every liquid in my body (blood, urine, tears etc.) ~ If everything comes back 'normal', I am just going to blame it on the Sam -E!

Glad your doing so well Sky!! And yes, always take your vitamins with a ton of water!!!

Staying in theme ~ here is my Beatles song that has even less relevance then sky's! Ha ha

Jennablu - hey, hope you're doing well.. I read that you believe sam-E was the culprit of your insomnia - good job! I am quiting over winter break and am thinking about buying some myself ... how has it worked for you in terms of combating the withdrawal from adderall? Also **if you find yourself still struggling with insomnia ever - get some KAVA tea.** it's made by Yogi and they have a bunch of different kinds - but get the one that says "stress relief" but make sure it says Kava! It's honestly the best ever. I don't really believe in all of the other "stress relief" and "calming / soothing" teas like chamomile and whatever else - but Kava...I swear by it! Look it up for the background info (its actually illegal in a lot of countries) but not the US...i just wouldnt recommend drinking 5 cups a night. But I drink it when I think I might have trouble falling asleep and it completely relaxes me and makes me ready to fall right asleep. Good luck!

My brothers and sisters

Be careful when you by kava kava you must buy from a quality store. You pay for what you get .The stems of the kava plant is toxins some mass-producers sometimes grind up some stems into the tea leafs if it is not organic or pure it will fuck up your liver there are some documented reports of liver failure so be causes’ KAVA KAVA is a great powerful tea it is a mild sedative and it does relax your body and mind also use caution when mixing the tea with benso drugs. I use a combination of kava tea and cammameal tea the combo works great for me THE FALCON

Jennablu - hey, hope you're doing well.. I read that you believe sam-E was the culprit of your insomnia - good job! I am quiting over winter break and am thinking about buying some myself ... how has it worked for you in terms of combating the withdrawal from adderall? Also **if you find yourself still struggling with insomnia ever - get some KAVA tea.** it's made by Yogi and they have a bunch of different kinds - but get the one that says "stress relief" but make sure it says Kava! It's honestly the best ever. I don't really believe in all of the other "stress relief" and "calming / soothing" teas like chamomile and whatever else - but Kava...I swear by it! Look it up for the background info (its actually illegal in a lot of countries) but not the US...i just wouldnt recommend drinking 5 cups a night. But I drink it when I think I might have trouble falling asleep and it completely relaxes me and makes me ready to fall right asleep. Good luck!

Hey Nosleep, I didn't take the Sam e until my third week of quitting, so not sure if it helped with the withdraw. After trying to quit at least 4 times I learned that NOTHING was going to make me feel like adds. Unfortunately I think withdrawal is just something you have to go through. I think you have to feel the worst low to appreciate what a 'normal' feeling is like - does that make sense. A lot of recovering from adderal is re-leanring what it is like to feel 'normal'. It took me 4 tries before I got past the 3 week period ~ now i'm in my 5th week and I know I will never take it again because I never want to feel the low of quitting again.

My depression had gotten pretty bad around week 3 which is why I took the sam e ~ it helped at first but the headache was brutal. I have heard really good things about it though - I read that it is a prescription drug in other countries - I just think it is tricky to get the dose right.

Good luck!!

Mr. SKY brother you sound great keep up the good work .You learned and you have the wisdom to notes that drugs suck the drug will allows win the battle in the long run it jest takes some people longer to relies it. Butt you have young blood and you stopped the drug abuse at a young age. …I.m proud to be your friend and you have my respect .I am not prod of my long term drug addiction. It is not a bag of honor it is a weakness of character weakness to be truthful whit you . It has defiantly shortened my life span. That is a fact. The difference these days is there is more pharmaceutical drug abuse out there then when I was coming up .The drugs on the streets these days are supper addicting and they are cooked in industrial chemicals. Its like taking poison. At lest back in my day the shit was fairly pure. EVERYONE READING THIS KEEP CLEAN DO NOT ABUSE DRUGES LEGAL ONES OR ELEGAL.DRUS WILL WIN SONER OR LATER.Hay a little weed is ok THE FALCON

haha hey Falcon, thank you brother, back in the rehab days they used to say we are the lucky ones who stop... I had friends in there who went out and OD'd, not sure if it was suicide or they just did what they used to do but without the same tolerance. We are lucky who hit our bottom and claw and climb out... You're a good man and your passion for imparting your wisdom and assistance around here is really nice... It feels good to have a sort of group of people who don't know each other but who share a common monkey on the back, who battle similar demons, who have similar long, treacherous paths ahead of them. We are better off not doing it alone, and the time under your belt and experiences help those who are struggling to make it thru the day while the addy calls out to them. There but for the grace of God go I, we were all one day one once. Thank goodness that is over, and now it gets easier and easier to leave it behind and move forward, redefine and be a better person. I have no doubt that my life is significantly better today than it was 3 weeks ago. If only I had known this years ago, but at least I know it now... It is well worth the struggle and discomfort. No pain no gain brother. I am so grateful for finding this site, in more ways than one.... ;)

After trying to quit at least 4 times I learned that NOTHING was going to make me feel like adds.

Jennablu, this is so true. I tried to quit multiple times as well before I realized I was just going to have to suck it up and no supplement was ever going to come close to feeling like Adderall. I don't know if supplements even helped me or if it was just a placebo effect. Quit-once made a comment about the different stages of recovery that was so right-on. The first stage is the first 3 months where you go through the worst of the withdrawal and you start to get some physical energy and normal sleep patterns back. The middle stage is months 3-9 (for me it was months 3-10) where you feel empty inside and bored with life, and then after the middle stage you start feeling pretty good and getting your natural motivation back. At ten months I started practicing an instrument I hadn't played since I was a kid and reading 2 books a week and looking for a new job (or thinking about looking, lol). I don't know if the timeline will be the same for everyone but that was so accurate for me! Good luck everybody :)