QuittingAdderall.com Forums

New guy seeking help

Cody

I think what quit-once is saying is that instead of finding alternate ways of dealing with the things you want to change, you're choosing adderall or phentermine which is slightly less than adderall. There are a number of ways of dealing with the challenges that arise in life, and it sounds like the path you're choosing is the "easiest", for now. I don't think its a put down though, that doesn't really happen around here, it was a blunt assertion at worst. There's not a whole lot of sugar coating that is helpful in recovery, folks tell it like it is or as they see it. And it's up to you to determine how you internalize it and what you do with it. The reason why tough love is so good around recovery is because it ideally lights a fire under your ass, to snap the fuck up, smell the coffee and do the right thing. It's like a virtual slap in the face. We're all good at manipulating, and convincing ourselves why the path of least resistance is best, why it's best to put off till tomorrow what we can't muster the strength, courage, enlightenment, balls to do today. Tomorrow never comes, unless we realize that the hard way is the only way.

There are a shit ton of folks out there in the world dealing with tough issues. Dealing with weight gain, dealing with having a hard time retaining information they're studying, having a hard time mustering up the courage to go for interviews, having a hard time curbing their appetite or eating healthily, having a hard time quitting smoking, having a hard time getting laid, etc etc etc... and all those folks can choose the way they want to deal with those issues- they can buck the fuck up and be responsible, take the high hard road, or they can succumb to the pussy pansy ass bitch in them and choose the low easy road. Now, I am not talking directly to you Cody. There is middle ground, don't take this the wrong way, but by having to say this and smooth it out, I take the power out of what I was saying- all of a sudden it becomes less meaningful. That's why we don't sugar coat, that's why we call it like we see it, that's why we say what's on our minds. What we're really all trying to do for each other is save each others lives.

So, when quit-once recognizes that in your post you say you are having a hard time with weight gain issues, et al, and you choose the meds over dealing with those issues another way, he is saying ergo you are on a slippery slope of addiction, because that is exactly what addiction is: it is making excuses to keep using what is not good for us. You know it's not good for you, that's why you posted on this forum.

• Like 2

Hi Cody,

Thanks for posting again - yeah you expected "a bit of flak" so I guess you got it! :blink:

1) Have you stopped drinking? Or cut down? I wonder if that's playing tricks on your mind - it's really hard to think clearly on alcohol.

2) I don't know too much about Phentermine, so I googled it. Here is what wiki said: Phentermine, a contraction of "phenyl-tertiary-butylamine", is a psychostimulant drug of the phenethylamine class, with pharmacology similar to amphetamine. It is used medically as an appetite suppressant.

3) Sounds v similar to adderall? What, to you, is the difference?

4) You haven't made it to the 90 day period yet. So technically you don't really know what it's like to have at least some of your neurotransmitters back to their normal state and helping you on their own...

It sounds like your primary goal for getting another drug is weight loss. That's what adderall was for me (and for getting over jet lag because I was traveling so much). And before you know it I was a full blown psycho meth-type addict. I am going to assume that phentermine is also addictive? I hope you won't be undoing all your good work so far, all that hard day by day stuff that you've been working on by swapping one addiction for another.

And, finally, this is completely off topic, but if you're doing it for vanity reasons, I personally like bigger guys. Just in case you needed a confidence boost, not all women like skinny men :blush:

Cody,

I went back and read your original post from a month ago. In it you said "I don't want to trade one addiction for another". Have you now changed your mind?

It is not my intention to make anbody feel they like they have been "put down". When I said "that's too bad" I meant I am truly sorry that you have decided to resume taking an amphetamine-like drug after 2.5 months of abtsinence. In reading your original post, I saw that you abused the adderall at high dosages. Once the line has been crossed from medical/casual use into abuse and addiction there is no going back. Ever. Sky correctly expanded and intrepereted my position in his very eloquent post above.

You seem to be struggling with a developing aclohol addiction, in addition to wanting to go back to the stimulants. Have you considered going to an AA meeting or seeing a counselor?

Hay cody I’m not going to beat you up my brother you’re doing a good job beating yourself up and my friends at quitting Adderall gave you a good lasing also .What can I say SKY and QUITONCE said it all except I feel your issue is your weight or jest maybe your you sing it as an excuse to use stimulants my brother alcohol is not a substitute for stimulants is a madder of fact when I use to get drunk it made me hunger as hell it worked the opposite way I would eat like a pig in shit after drinking Go to AA or see a consoler I think there may be some emotional issues you need to deal with.

You’re Friend FALCON