QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Checking in - 4 1/2 years clean

ladypantz

My therapist told me that once! Don't should all over yourself lol. I tend to focus on the negative, what I should have done. I do this long and short term. Short term I can give you a whole list of what I have not done each day, and this keeps me stagnant.  With my recovery I would beat myself up about how long I abused adderall, and how long it took me to come clean. That narrative overrode any sort of pride or accomplishment I felt for getting and staying clean. Cognitive behavioral therapy really did help me. I had this stuck thought in my head that I was a loser. I used to think that all the time about myself (along with other equally hateful ideas about myself). We're just all works in progress. I appreciate your kind words! I think it's important to take the past and learn and grow from it, and I may have used for a long time, but I overcame it. I'm not "broken" or a "loser". i don't tell myself those things everyday like I used to. 

• Like 3