QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Self Article

ashley6

Ashley what did you think of the article? Was it a fair representation of what happened to you?

I thought this was one of the best descriptions of the false-economy of IQ attribution that adderall brings, by the way, and evidences that adderall DOES NOT MAKE YOU SMARTER, it just makes you feel like you are!

For people who don't have ADHD, it works similarly in that it may make them more alert and on task. But it doesn't make

anyone

smarter or affect IQ. Many people don't understand that, though. "Research shows that even when people don't perform better on tests while taking Adderall, they

think

they're doing better," Dr. Chatterjee says. "The drug gives them an increased confidence in their abilities."

• Like 1

MFA,

Yes, I have to give Self a lot of credit. They did their homework, fact-checking, and then some for this article. I think it was very accurate from my standpoint. And overall, I think they did a great job with not making us not sound like victims, just that we didn't recognize or care what the outcomes of the bad decisions we made while on adderall, that's why it can be dangerous. I was nervous to post it, because I know some of you guys aren't for the media on the topic, and we all can tear a story a part since we know it like the back of our hands.

• Like 1

You're right, Ashley, I never once thought you or any of the other cases sounded like victims, but it did present the drug in the appropriate light - that it is more addictive than we possibly could imagine, and it can cause damage far beyond what we think. Great article.

• Like 1

OK, I just read the entire article. I think it was good, except for the ending. I felt like there needed to be more of a summary or conclusion or something. What I liked was Ashley's courage to use her own name where the other two girls used aliases. I never understood that Ashley went through adderall hell at that level. I have even more respect for her ability to abruptly quit and stay quit after reading this story. Thanks for sharing it with us, Ashley.

• Like 1