QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Any moms out there?

ALA

To preface, I love and appreciate the connection with anyone on this forum, but I'd really like to connect with other moms who have successfully quit Adderall. I also need some accountability right about now, and my husband just doesn't quite get what's it like being off this drug. He just sees me doing "fine", with harder days trickled in, but in reality every day is a struggle. I'm 82 days clean from Adderall and am having a particularly hard morning because my young kids didn't sleep the best last night. Another one of my triggers: poor sleep. This is part of the course with young kids (mine are 6 and 1.5 years) but I notice myself daydreaming about having just one more pill so I can get through the work day. Anyway, I don't need to get into it, but am more so looking for others who are like me or others who have some words of wisdom or advice. Thanks y'all. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m right there with you!  My kids are 6 and 8.. so a little easier.  My husband and I both work full time jobs and it’s tough!!  I find myself daydreaming about taking adderal too because it makes the day so much easier.  But we have to remember what it’s doing to our mind and body long term. The problem with taking it one day or once in awhile to help with work is that it makes the next days without it so much more difficult.  We can hold each other accountable!  I’ve managed to get to five months and I’m excited to get to the 6 month mark. That will be a big milestone for me.

• Like 2

Hi @Krae19&@ALA. I have been clean since January 16th . I thought it was February but I had to look back at my texting and it was January 16th so I've been clean longer than I thought! I started in 2018 I believe. I was clean several years before that then started up again. I cleaned new construction for 20 years so it was my crutch. "I needed" it. I had to be a perfectionist at my job. It was taking a toll on my body. I am quite a bit older than you two and it is bad My arms were killing me my hands were stiff I ached all over, but I blamed the hard work I was doing I had high blood pressure I was on a mission to kill myself I guess. I just live in denial. When I don't take it I cry a lot I think I have gotten past that finally but when I would get back on it after quitting I would feel so on top of the world. In February 2019 we took on two little granddaughters 9 months and 2 So I retired from new construction cleaning and started over raising children. we were just at the beginning of remodeling our house and so we had a lot going on now we really have a lot going on so I kept taking it. Praise God after 3 years Mom really got her act together and now we're back to being Grandma and Grandpa. I also take care of my 38-year-old disabled son who requires 24-hour care I get paid to do that and I keep him 3 days a week 24-hour shift He's not too much work just mentally. He had a bad reaction to his DPT shots at 2 months and he's basically 9 months to2 years. He's nonverbal and can be aggressive. I am sorry I am writing a book I just get talking and I never quit. So I will quit rambling I can tell you more later anyway my point being I totally understand where you are coming from and why we do what we do. I am so glad to be clean but I miss it I don't want to do it again because I want to live to see my grandchildren grow up I am so glad I found this group because you guys all know where I'm coming from.  My husband has a little bit of a hard time understanding it because he is not an addictive type person and I totally am. Okay I'm going to say goodnight for now. Please reach out to me if there's anything you would like to talk about. I have pretty much been there done that!!;)

• Like 2