QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Happy Valentines Day

Searchingsoul9

BAH HUMBUG!!!

I hate Valentines day!! What a Hallmark scam.

Why the hell should anyone wait 364 days to celebrate love? Or to celebrate parents (mothers day, fathers day)? Or new beginnings and/or improving ourselves (new years?) I'm not degrading the importance of holidays and celebrating people and the passage of time, but I really think all these have been blown out of proportion as money-making schemes.

I was @ the bar on a date-type-thing getting pizza for take out and a beer.... (i was intentionally not mentioning the unspeakable "holiday" all day because I didn't want to deal with the pressure or lovey-doveyness...LOL)... until some guy at the bar wished us a happy valentines day. He just assumed we were there celebrating. Haha, I made some comment about how ohh yeah, I forgot all about it ;) It worked.

But, well, happy valentines day to you all YEAR ROUND wishes at that! <3

• Like 1

BAH HUMBUG!!!

I hate Valentines day!! What a Hallmark scam.

Why the hell should anyone wait 364 days to celebrate love? Or to celebrate parents (mothers day, fathers day)? Or new beginnings and/or improving ourselves (new years?) I'm not degrading the importance of holidays and celebrating people and the passage of time, but I really think all these have been blown out of proportion as money-making schemes.

I was @ the bar on a date-type-thing getting pizza for take out and a beer.... (i was intentionally not mentioning the unspeakable "holiday" all day because I didn't want to deal with the pressure or lovey-doveyness...LOL)... until some guy at the bar wished us a happy valentines day. He just assumed we were there celebrating. Haha, I made some comment about how ohh yeah, I forgot all about it ;) It worked.

But, well, happy valentines day to you all YEAR ROUND wishes at that! <3

Smooth move! Nice one...