QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Introduction

Teresa

Hi there I thought this might be a good place to be. I have been off Adderall for 3 months. It is still hard. I have no ambition and I don't care. I have been taking supplements and just trying to be kind to myself and be patient. My husband is patient and understanding. Has anybody taken any supplements that has helped their brain start healing. I was on Adderall for at least 5 years I quit taking it before and stayed off of it for a few years and then went back to it and when I took it again it felt like oh boy I feel so normal again. However the damage it does to your body is so obvious My arms were hurting so bad I was getting arthritis and  aching joints and I didn't want to have a stroke or die from it. I am 61 years old and I'm so sick of my behavior. Is it going to take years for my brain to heal? I would love to hear from y'all because somebody might have some great suggestions that I haven't thought of. Thank you for taking the time to read.

• Like 2

Hi Teresa - Just a little background on my adderall (use and quit) journey. 43 y/o woman. used very high doses of adderall for approximately 6 years, give or take. with an 11 month break somewhere in there. On July 31, 2021 was my last dose of adderall, and I have been clean ever since. It was VERY HARD. I feel your pain. I too, took supplements during my initial withdrawal, and the following things really helped:

- cordyceps, magnesium, LOTS of water, I did a few NAD+ infusions (google them, expensive, but they helped), all of the vitamin bs

Another thing that helped was psilocybin mushrooms, microdosing. if you are open to it, and can find them in your area, I highly recommend them. even with all of the healthy eating and supplementing, I still had terrible days, weeks, sometimes months. I'm approaching 22 months clean, and the last few months I feel much more normal than I have during my whole quit. Even at a year, I was still struggling with terrible PAWS symptoms. Just keep going. One of the things that helped me quit adderall  was I'm getting older, and entering perimenopause. My hormones are fluctuating, and I don't bounce back the way I used to. I have since begun using bioidentical progesterone, along with cycling estrogen cream.  Replacing fluctuating hormones has helped me greatly!!

Good luck on your journey. and if  you need tips, support, or just have questions, feel free to ask, or IM me :) 

• Like 1

WOW Thank you so much!!! I am totally into mushroom supplements I will look into that immediately because of course I am always looking for a fix per say I do take lots of vitamin b and magnesium and zinc and I've been trying to drink lots of water and I drink green drinks you know the whole nine yards I just keep telling myself it is going to take time. And since I quit taking it my arms feel great that's pretty scary. I so appreciate your feedback Thank you again.

• Like 1

Me too. constantly worrying about running out, and how I could swindle more. I'm so glad I'm not completely consumed by that stuff anymore. Keep in mind, sometimes all of the supplements in the world will not fast track healing. You have to "walk through the fire" so to speak. Just know, I've totally been there and IT DOES GET BETTER. it takes a long time. I remember when I was approaching my year mark, I felt terrible. I felt like I had just quit. the post acute withdrawal symptoms sprung up out of nowhere and lasted a few months. I was so bummed because I was expecting the year mark to be better. it still took a while. Now, I am SO GLAD I QUIT. I thank myself often for quitting because I did "future me" a huge solid. Keep going!

• Like 2