QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hi everyone. How're you all? I'm struggling, but not giving up!

Trevor95

I decided I'm gonna join a chemical dependency program. It sounds sort of like NA, but it's through a hospital. I'm not sure on all the details. I'm going to try to join once my college semester is up in two weeks. This addiction has gotten out of control, and I don't have enough self-control or self-discipline to stop alone. (I just kept using it because it felt so good to study/do assignments on.)

I've tried to quit cold turkey three times now. As of today, I've gotten the dosage down from 60-80mg to 40mg and I'm still trying to taper lower. I just have no support and no one that I can tell, so it's really hard. I'm going for just 20mg a day this week. Please wish me luck that I don't go back up again.

All I can do right now is keep telling myself: "I'm going to get better. I'm going to enjoy life again!" Meditation helps when I'm feeling unfocused. On the verge of crying while writing this. I'm dealing with this addiction and depression at the same time.

Any support you can give is immensely appreciated and helpful.

Thanks,

Trevor

• Like 2

@Trevor95I think it's so admirable that you're joining this program. One of my weaknesses is not asking for help, feeling like I can tackle this addiction issue alone, and all I can say is although I am over 3 months sober, I struggle so deeply on a daily basis. I know I would not struggle as much if I felt connection and help from a source like AA or NA. Know that seeking help is the first step in getting back to enjoying life again. Keep with your plan. 

• Like 2