QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So depressed today

Teresa

Wow I just feel so sad today. I went to the dentist yesterday for the beginning of my implants. That went well. But today I just feel worthless. I don't think I'm ever going to feel good again. I've been clean since January 16th. Maybe it's never going to be the same again. I make a lousy partner. I try so hard to be upbeat and positive and do things. But more than anything I look forward to bedtime.  Thanks for letting me speak my mind. I hope everyone else is doing better than this.

• Like 3

You will feel good again, I promise!! Just be where you are and know, it is temporary. Heck, even feeling good is temporary. Try to take some time to yourself and sit with the feeling, without judging it or putting labels in it. Try to get in your body, and feel it. Imagine you are a room, and your inner world is in that room, your feelings fill the room. acknowledge how the energy (feeling) feels. Does it feel heavy, sharp, empty, etc.  Imagine compassion is sitting outside of the room. Acknowledge its presence. Does it have a color? is it a person or thing, a being? Maybe it is female, a cat or dog. maybe it is a bright sky or a cool breeze. Once you acknowledge compassion, see if you can invite compassion into your room. into your heart. Compassion for yourself and your situation. Play with this. Maybe next time you can invite hope into your room, etc. The point of this is to learn how to move through this difficulty without using. without making bad decisions that will ultimately make your situation worse. Learning how to accept ourselves "as is" and move through difficult days, weeks, etc. is the thing we need to learn to do. Because not being able to accept ourselves, and move through difficulty is what got us in this mess!

If anything, know that you are in the dark days of quitting adderall. What you are going through is totally normal and to be expected. It will get better, the brain heals slowly.

@sirod9thank you. I needed to hear from someone. So thank you. I'm trying to just go with the flow. I have grandkids today and I can manage to make meals and clean up and that's about it then I crawl on my bed and lay here and cry because this is just not me. But I will survive .I had holes drilled in my mouth for implants and I have to add that pain on top of the other junk in my trunk but I know I will hopefully eventually get past all this. My husband is very patient but I hate being this person.

Thank you it helps does having someone to talk to that understands.

• Like 1