QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Close to 2 years - cravings

sirod9

Hi Everyone!! So, my two year quit anniversary is approaching (Aug 1st) and I'm noticing that cravings have increased. During the first year, I had very few, if any cravings. I was mostly dealing with intense PAW symptoms. Now that I have fewer PAWs symptoms, I'm suddenly grappling with an increase in intense cravings!! I run the tape through, and choose NOT to use, however, that little voice keeps popping up and random times and tries to suggest using adderall would somehow be fun, or a good idea.

Which is total bullshit, I know. I guess I'm reaching out for support. I know what happens after relapse...and non of it is good. 

• Like 3

On 6/19/2023 at 8:42 AM, sirod9 said:

that little voice keeps popping up and random times and tries to suggest using adderall would somehow be fun, or a good idea.

I quit drinking exactly six months ago.  I am also struggling with the fun factor.  It seems like there isn't really anything that can replace the "fun" of the various activities associated with drinking, especially during the summer.  I had a great conversation with my best friend, (who was also a fellow adderall addict and recovering alcoholic) on the loss of fun in daily life.  He struggles with it as well.    I just power through it, thinking of all the health improvements I have noticed since quitting alcohol.  It helps me to write them down:

No more heartburn, especially while trying to sleep.  I can also eat almost any food and it agrees with me.  The quality of my diet has improved.  I sleep through the night and almost never need to get up to pee anymore.  I seem to have fewer bouts of depression and anxiety, and when I do they are less.  Greater mental stability.   I don't seem to be living in a constant state of dehydration.  I can go anywhere, anytime, without worrying about driving impaired.  I have more money.

I made a list of all the health problems I noticed during my adderall addiction , and posted it on this forum.  I referred back to that list many times for strength and reenforcement.  Taking adderall was incredibly run, but it came with the high cost of an unsustainable addiction.

Try going back and reading some or all of your prior posts, @sirod9 and you will see your progress of kicking this addiction!

• Like 2

Good posts, thanks for sharing! I quit drinking at the same time as Addy 5+ years ago but have been struggling with the thought of having a drink or two. I don’t know for sure if I am an alcoholic without the Adderall, but I’m not about to take the risk of finding out. 

Over the last month or so I’ve relapsed on nicotine after more than 2 years off of it. Felt fine and pretty good at first, but now all I am left with is the compulsion, hiding it from loved ones, and anxiety. It’s a hell of a mood destabilizer which is the last thing I need. Now I get to quit again. Good times.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 1:00 AM, Teresa said:

I'm there too . I have to quit and I can't seem to get it done!!! Makes me so mad at myself.  

Mine have passed. They will always pop up, but I think it is just something we have to get through. If I caved and used, I would be absolutely miserable right now. So I will take the occasional discomfort of cravings over the hell of active use.