QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Dentall Amalgam Poll

Mikey D

I'm curious how many people on here that sincerly are ADD have silver dental amalgams? I know dental amalgams theory is touchy. Reason I ask I had severe mercury toxicity, upon removal of amalgams a lot of things cleared up for me. Energy, blood pressure, brain fog (all though it's back). Im not asking any one to call quackery on this. Im just curious on People with amalgams and ADD.

I thought they were illegal? Maybe just where I'm from. I had to have 3 fillings changed a few years ago because they changed the law.

Wow. They should be illegal here as well but there not. Pisses me off. You should read up on chelation Andrew Cutler protocol or Dr Mark Hyman. If you once had amalgams you definitely have some level of mercury toxicity which presents itself with all the symptoms of ADD and some. I've read recovery stories from chelation where people with no motivation, no energy, and no brain power got a completely new life from detox. One guy went from being lazy, couldn't hold a job, or carry on a smooth conversation, to running 3 times a day, working hard and being able to concentrate and get anything done that he put his mind to. All from mercury chelation.

what the fuck is chelation?

Ha. That's funny. I guess that isn't a typical garden variety word you here everyday. Chelation Is the process of removal of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic from the body. Chelation dates back to ww1 and even a tad further. DMSA, DMPS, ALA, are used in chelatin (grabbing and pulling) HG mercury " The Mad Hatter " out of the body. If you don't chelate the metals don't leave on their own and will remain usually for life. Reason mercury is so bad is it's extremely neuro toxic and blocks several key vitamins & nutrients from taking their role in ones body, b1 and b6 being among the few. Check out google Dr Mark Hymans blog on mercury detox chelation part 2. He links it to dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, chronic fatigue, autism, ADD, etc. He isn't just speculating he lived it having severe mercury toxicity from amalgams and vaccines. I had mine removed in 2010 and noticed a instant difference in some health areas, like blood pressure, and sanity, I felt like I had woke up out of a hazy reality.

You could test yourself by buying some ALA alpha lipoic acid from wal mart/wal greens take it and if you feel like crap or ADD on steroids you have mercury poisoning. ALA is really good for you, and in a mercury / lead free person they shouldn't feel negative results. The few times I have taken it I lay around, can't think, feels horrible, but when it has wore off I have had tremendous small breakthroughs in mental clarity. I'm now in the process of properly chelating so I dont damage myself further.

I remember a few years ago they advertised these special foot sole pads that were supposed to absorb heavy metals. All you had to do was wear them while you slept and they turned black and....presto...you were detoxified. Is this a form of chelation? Interesting about the ALA test.

Yaa, those help a little with some metals, but not with mercury. There is a clip on Dr Buttars website on how devastating HG is once it's in the body. He is the #1 autism Doc in the world, he also Chelates people with heavy metals. His theory is that mercury is at the root of every major American health problem, Heart disease, Stroke, Alzheimers. I posted the link below it shows mercury coming in contact with healthy growing cells, when it touches them they shrivel and stop growing. One of the best recovery stories from HG is found at mercurylife.com

This link is the Mercury clip

http://www.drbuttar....xicity-dvd

While at the dentist today for my routine cleaning and checkup, I asked him about amalgam fillings. My dentist has done some research into it and was quite knowledgeable and open minded about it. As I said in an earlier post, I do have a mouthfull or mercury - in fact I have nine amalgam fillings. He said that mercury toxicity was a highly individual thing. Some people tolerate it well and others not so much. He said that every time you use your teeth, you are potentially releasing mercury from the amalgam fillings. And when you remove or repair an analgam filling you might release a shit ton of mercury - they even make mercury shields for use when the amalgams are fucked with. We never really discussed the symptoms of mercury toxicity.

But he put it all in perspective when he said if you eat the wrong fish that swam in the wrong lake or ocean, maybe downstream or downwind from a coal fired power plant, you might eat hundreds or thousands of times the mercury that your amalgams expose you to in a year. It is all measurable, but does it really matter? For some people, I believe it does. For me, not so much.

By the way, my teeth have completely recovered from my nine year stint of adderall abuse.

Do you know why adderall causes bad teeth? I've never had bad teeth until adderall. I went for a check up and had like 11-13 cavities and needed a route canal. I had had only one in my life before that. A few months ago, I had a tooth break completely in half....so gross. It killed my poor teeth.

Do you know why adderall causes bad teeth? I've never had bad teeth until adderall. I went for a check up and had like 11-13 cavities and needed a route canal. I had had only one in my life before that. A few months ago, I had a tooth break completely in half....so gross. It killed my poor teeth.

This is just my guess, perhaps cotton mouth? Adderall dehydrates / dries you out and over time that will give you bad teeth.

yeah I heard the reason speed freaks have such bad teeth is the dry mouth that allows bacteria to flourish whereas our saliva keeps that from happening...

trippy info on fillings. I totally feel sluggish and blase, only have 1 silver filling though, but maybe that's enough? I'll check into it more and maybe ask a dentist friend to pull it out and replace it with an alternative, like gold. hell, just get all my teeth covered in gold while they're at it. maybe a grill.

I've had that one silver filling for eons too.

• Like 1

I have a mouth full of them and have a strange autoimmune illness, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc. I have read many books about this and I fully believe they are super poisenous. The American Dental Association has so much money backing that they are safe that many dentists will not admit that they are dangerous. I have even seen a few documentaries that had some pretty good info about the proof they are toxic and the fear the Am. Dental Assoc strikes fear in dentists openly claiming they are... Hope that made sense.

I totally want to have mine replaced, but I think it will cost a fortune and I am a super anxious dental patient so they would prob. have to put me to sleep. Still, I plan to get it done. It's awesome to hear of how much bette you feel now that yours have been replaced!

Do you know why adderall causes bad teeth?

My guess is that it has something to do with chemistry. I think the amphetamine could leach some of the calcium or other minerals from teeth and bones, especially when taken in large quantities. I have a friend who did speed in the 70's and 80's. Said it rotted her teeth in a bad way. When she learned I was taking adderall, she warned me about it early on in my addiction. So I ALWAYS took a calcium supplement on most days during adderall. I also drank a lot of milk and I felt like I needed it. And I ate a lot of nuts for the other minerals. If you think about it, there are lots of things bad for your teeth that come from abusing adderall, like sugar binges before bedtime (or any time) poor hygeine habbits - like not brushing or flossing - and the most obvious one to me is teeth grinding.

I asked my dentist friend/client about the silver filling, she said pretty much don't worry about it, that there was a study done at UCLA that determined there was no problem at all... who funded that study is another matter... I'm going to research it some more and see what I can find. She did say it was easy to remove the silver fillings though, so that's good.

This is just my guess, perhaps cotton mouth? Adderall dehydrates / dries you out and over time that will give you bad teeth.

Adderall is acidic and causes dry mouth. Dry mouth creates porous teeth, so sugar and coffee and other stuff tends to sink further in to the enamel. Also not sure about you but the jaw grinding made my teeth get more misplaced in the time I was using it than the previous 5 years collectively. I have just signed up for invisalign!

Yeah that study is just big Government agencies shaking hands... I have a bachelor degree in dietetics (nutrition) and the ADA (Am Dietetic Assoc) shook hands w/ the FDA, USDA, etc. They are all in things for the money and they try not to create hysteria over things they would be sued like crazy for. It made me sick really... My dentist claims that mercury fillings are fine but I have this feeling it's just something that he made himself believe and does not care to think anymore than that about it. If he did he might have some lawsuits headed his way as well. The reason I have fillings is from when I was a kid and ate tons of candy and sugar. I take really good care of my teeth now to try and keep my whole mouth from being fillings ;) Also, I wear a nightguard at night and haven't had headaches in years since I started wearing it and it is insurance for clenching which I do at night (with or w/out the adderall... Anyway, interesting topic to discuss for sure!

Yeah that study is just big Government agencies shaking hands... I have a bachelor degree in dietetics (nutrition) and the ADA (Am Dietetic Assoc) shook hands w/ the FDA, USDA, etc. They are all in things for the money and they try not to create hysteria over things they would be sued like crazy for. It made me sick really... My dentist claims that mercury fillings are fine but I have this feeling it's just something that he made himself believe and does not care to think anymore than that about it. If he did he might have some lawsuits headed his way as well. The reason I have fillings is from when I was a kid and ate tons of candy and sugar. I take really good care of my teeth now to try and keep my whole mouth from being fillings ;) Also, I wear a nightguard at night and haven't had headaches in years since I started wearing it and it is insurance for clenching which I do at night (with or w/out the adderall... Anyway, interesting topic to discuss for sure!

you're right on. I see your in TN. I actually had mine removed from a dentist in knoxville. I was first quoted 7k to have 5 removed from a holistic dentist. Thats outrageous. I was thinking about going to mexico but found a dds in knoxville who was really reasonable and safe. He removed them for 125-200 a each depending on size. He has a book full of before and after patients who recovered from everything from chronic fatigue, brain fog, skin conditions, ringing in ears, all from removal. If you want i'll pm you his number if nothing else you could talk with them.

Hmmm... I would have to ask my dentist first. I also heard that very few dentists know the "safe" way to remove them (asyou mentioned). Apparently while removing them the vapors can be harmful to you and whoever is around, unless they are trained. To be trained properly would make you stand out to the Am Dental Association and you can get in trouble... or so I have read/watched.

Thanks for your help... I know that's definitely part of my problem b/c I have felt like crap since I was young. Anytime I have a cleaning or anything that stirs that stuff up I feel super sick to my stomach. I am going to get my teeth cleaned on Monday... maybe I will inquire about the price, but as I said it won't be anytime soon. I have to do a sleep study, get allergy shots and so on. I just got married and therefore have insurance again.

what the fuck is chelation?

I think its fucked up welding shit that my really fucked up husband used to do In our fucking living room while he was ridiculously high....claiming that it was cool cuz he saw it on YouTube .....fuck you,you did. Glad those days are gone...but I think Mr. D has the proper definition...mine was more for humor.

I think its fucked up welding shit that my really fucked up husband used to do In our fucking living room while he was ridiculously high....claiming that it was cool cuz he saw it on YouTube .....fuck you,you did. Glad those days are gone...but I think Mr. D has the proper definition...mine was more for humor.

hahaha welding in your living room? sounds like something a meth head would do.