QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So depressed and tired

Teresa

It's been almost 8 months. I don't think I'm ever going to feel better. I can barely do regular life. I just look forward to bedtime. I don't have the energy to exercise. I went outside and help my husband with yard work for about 30 minutes and I was exhausted. I absolutely hate this life. I know I sound like a pity party and I am one I just want a quick fix and there's no such thing. I take care of my disabled son and my grand daughters 3 days a week and it's just exhausting to me. I don't know what I'm going to do I really don't want to go to the doctor and say give me a pill I so badly wanted to do this on my own I'm so mad at myself. Thanks for letting me vent

• Like 3

it takes time to heal, that means you are going to spend much of your time feeling like shit. go back to stims, and you will throw yourself back even further. I remember 9 months being a particularly difficult time for me, then around 12 months it was hard too, all the up until 18 months. then things really started improving in bits. I just hit two years, and I'm doing much better. Ask yourself where you will be in 8 months if you do use? and then consider where you will be if you decided to stick it out. I also want to point out that hormonal changes for women will worsen things. Adderall threw me into early perimenopause, so I had to seek out a doctor who would test my blood and prescribe hormone replacement therapy. it has helped tremendously.

• Like 1

@sirod9...I'm 61 and past menopause.  I remember when I quit years ago I was finally ok.   I think part of my problem is my husband has been doing our yard. It's been 3 years. I'm so sick of it. He won't get help. And he's a hoarder. I just want simple and clean.  We've been married 33 years and I'm not giving up although it plays in my mind. I'd have enough from a divorce to live a nice quiet life that I'd regret. Oh the brain. "NOT TODAY SATAN!"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Teresa said:

@sirod9...I'm 61 and past menopause.  I remember when I quit years ago I was finally ok.   I think part of my problem is my husband has been doing our yard. It's been 3 years. I'm so sick of it. He won't get help. And he's a hoarder. I just want simple and clean.  We've been married 33 years and I'm not giving up although it plays in my mind. I'd have enough from a divorce to live a nice quiet life that I'd regret. Oh the brain. "NOT TODAY SATAN!"

yeah, that does sound difficult to deal with. I'm happily single, but being coupled has its pros.