QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Addiction does not just affect you

ldmcniel

My ex used to say there was a black cloud that hovered in the air over our relationship. It wasn't until I was clean that I realized the black cloud he was referring to was really just over me!

I can totally relate to this post. Isn't it great to feel and be present in your life again? :)

• Like 1

I completely relate to what you're saying. My ex boyfriend I was with for 4 years had to put up with so much. At the time, neither of us knew it was the adderall making me crazy. I blamed him for all of our problems, not that he was perfect, but I (on adderall) was mostly responsible for sabotaging that relationship. I found the closure I needed once I realized this. Thanks for posting this. It's so true.

• Like 1

Its SO TRUE. I've definitely messed up some relationships that way and distanced myself from people I loved..... I also have a family member who is on a very high dosage and who is also severely depressed, has anger management issues and possibly suffering from some other disorders. She exudes so much negative energy, I can't even be in the house anymore. Everyone is always walking on eggshells around her because she gets so angry so easily. I really miss the old her...the REAL her. I wish she would come back. Especially now that I'm seeing more clearly that most of it probably is just the drug :(

• Like 1