QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Session 2 with Counselor

Searchingsoul9

Real good session today. I am happy to say that i really did luck out in finding a great woman to help me through my issues.

My first assignment is to journal once a day, then bring it in so we can go over my thought processes.

She also did a 4 minute meditation with me. We are going to keep working on that. It is much harder than it seems. Trying to just 'be', but i can honestly say i felt much more at pace after those 4 minutes.

She told me a bit about Mindfulness. I am youtubing and googling that now. I am going to practice meditation at least twice a day.

She said it has helped severely depressed patients enormously.

I youtubed mindfulness and was listening to this man speak about it. He said something about the fact that meditation and mindfulness is not recognized as normal in the US. And that much of the country is suffering from ADD because no one teaches us that we need to be mindful. To be aware of what is going on in our own heads, to recognize our thoughts, to just be for a while. That society is so obsessed with just doing that we forget who the ones doing the doing are.

That our inability to focus is something that can be achieved without medicine.

Makes you think...

I have used journaling with very troubled students in my class and everytime it has proven effective. Please know that they are 6 & 7 years old. I used gratitude journaling. But it still worked. I believe that the hardest work we do is the work we do on ourselves.

I think it could be helpful. I used to journal a lot in high school, but stopped. Since quitting adderall i have journaled almost daily, just a quick 'day number X, feeling such and such"

I really like this....thanks for posting.

My pleasure. It has only been one day of me practicing meditation and it's already proving to be beneficial.

Last night i was drunk at my friends and usually we smoke then eat a ton and go to bed. I had a slice of pizza and then contemplated just eating more, but i sat with the feeling and tried to just be in the moment. It worked, and my desire passed!