QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall filled day.

Searchingsoul9

So proud of you! I thought by the title of this post that you'd relapsed. Really happy to hear you're staying strong. Let me know how you do with that cleanse... please continue to be gentle with your body! You've punished it for a really long time... :unsure:

• Like 3

So proud of you! I thought by the title of this post that you'd relapsed. Really happy to hear you're staying strong. Let me know how you do with that cleanse... please continue to be gentle with your body! You've punished it for a really long time... :unsure:

Thank you!! I guess the title does sound like a relapse one. I think it has been like 3 weeks and 5 days sober so far.

Seems like so much longer.

I couldn't do solely juice. I started getting real hungry and was dieing to chew food, so i had eggs and salad. But i am trying to steer clear from junk food and just eat healthy. Since it is getting warmer i'm going to wake up early and walk like 4 days a week.

It's just been super tough lately because this time last year was when i first got on adderall. So the weather, the month, everything is just a huge reminder of my pill popping days.

Does it get even better after like 3 or 4 months clean? I feel okay, but the ups and downs are still very prevalent.

• Like 1

Yesterday I made carrot, apple, beet & ginger - DEE-LISH! Don't be discouraged if you can't do juice only - If you just do it for breakfast you will still feel great :D

Yum, i wanna try that one! My only issue is the stupid kale doesn't juice well, like most of it stays whole. So, i need some green veggies to throw in there, but idk what juices well.

Yeah, i couldn't do just juice. I think i would've caved and eaten junk food if i just had juice for 3 days.

Thank you!! I guess the title does sound like a relapse one. I think it has been like 3 weeks and 5 days sober so far.

Seems like so much longer.

I couldn't do solely juice. I started getting real hungry and was dieing to chew food, so i had eggs and salad. But i am trying to steer clear from junk food and just eat healthy. Since it is getting warmer i'm going to wake up early and walk like 4 days a week.

It's just been super tough lately because this time last year was when i first got on adderall. So the weather, the month, everything is just a huge reminder of my pill popping days.

Does it get even better after like 3 or 4 months clean? I feel okay, but the ups and downs are still very prevalent.

It gets better in that cravings are rare, and things aren't triggers as much, but still- life happens. And now we don't have the same crutches to fall back on, so it's about dealing and finding ways to deal without resorting to drugs. So yes and no.

Just had a kale, apple, banana, orange smoothy. was yum

• Like 1

Yum, i wanna try that one! My only issue is the stupid kale doesn't juice well, like most of it stays whole. So, i need some green veggies to throw in there, but idk what juices well.

Yeah, i couldn't do just juice. I think i would've caved and eaten junk food if i just had juice for 3 days.

I'm telling you - the vitamix is worth every penny if you're into juicing. It juices everything and anything. Here's the recipe for the glowing green smoothie (makes a pitcher and lasts 2 days in the fridge):

4 cups romaine

4 cups spinach

1 cucumber

1 pear

1 banana

1 lemon

And here's one for kale chips -- really easy: Break up a head of kale into big leaves and put them on a cookie sheet, spray the leaves with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Then bake @ 400 until the leaves shrink down - check them after about 20 minutes. They are really good.

• Like 1

It gets better in that cravings are rare, and things aren't triggers as much, but still- life happens. And now we don't have the same crutches to fall back on, so it's about dealing and finding ways to deal without resorting to drugs. So yes and no.

Just had a kale, apple, banana, orange smoothy. was yum

Yummie, i love smoothies. It is just very overwhelming to think about this summer without adderall. Last summer wa s' the summer of my life' i was on adderall 24/7, working all day and night, going out drinking and doing it all over.

I felt superhuman, now i am back to being human. I know that going back on the pills wouldn't be like last summer though. Our time has eneded

I'm telling you - the vitamix is worth every penny if you're into juicing. It juices everything and anything. Here's the recipe for the glowing green smoothie (makes a pitcher and lasts 2 days in the fridge):

4 cups romaine

4 cups spinach

1 cucumber

1 pear

1 banana

1 lemon

And here's one for kale chips -- really easy: Break up a head of kale into big leaves and put them on a cookie sheet, spray the leaves with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Then bake @ 400 until the leaves shrink down - check them after about 20 minutes. They are really good.

My mom made kale chips before, but i didn't try them. I will give it a shot :)

Searchingsoul,

I've been told by my counselor that a change of seasons is a common time for relapse with addicts, even if it's summer. It kind of surprised me, but I understand it now. You'll get through it, just keep reminding yourself that things will get better, and you won't be reminded of adderall constantly with some time under your belt. I still think about it a lot, but it's different thinking than when I first quit....not cravings really. It was also 7 years of my life, so I have many, many years of relating everything to adderall. You can get through it if I am :) p.s. I want a juicer!!!

Searchingsoul,

I've been told by my counselor that a change of seasons is a common time for relapse with addicts, even if it's summer. It kind of surprised me, but I understand it now. You'll get through it, just keep reminding yourself that things will get better, and you won't be reminded of adderall constantly with some time under your belt. I still think about it a lot, but it's different thinking than when I first quit....not cravings really. It was also 7 years of my life, so I have many, many years of relating everything to adderall. You can get through it if I am :) p.s. I want a juicer!!!

It's odd. I try my hardest not to think about it period. I rarely allow my mind to go back to reminiscing, because then i crave it. But the warm air and changing of seasons really brings me back, lol. I appreciate the response :) I hope i can get to the point you are at

<3