QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Stupid adderall dreams

ashley6

I had this vivid dream of me taking a bunch of adderall halves out of a drawer and looking at my tongue seeing the orange pills sitting there. There were like 8 halves in my mouth. Ughh...it was way too vivid. It's amazing to me that 11 months later I'm having such realistic dreams like that, and this isn't rare, just more vivid. I woke up feeling so uncomfortable. I take it as a reminder when even though I've been feeling good, I still have to remember where I came from not so long ago.

I had this vivid dream of me taking a bunch of adderall halves out of a drawer and looking at my tongue seeing the orange pills sitting there. There were like 8 halves in my mouth. Ughh...it was way too vivid. It's amazing to me that 11 months later I'm having such realistic dreams like that, and this isn't rare, just more vivid. I woke up feeling so uncomfortable. I take it as a reminder when even though I've been feeling good, I still have to remember where I came from not so long ago.

Vivid is a good word for it. Did you see the pills in color? I usually don't dream in color, but the vivid colors of the blue, orange and pink pills in my adderall dreams is really disturbing.

Did you swallow them?

Interesting. Almost every adderall dream I have, I'm contemplating if I relapsed, like it slips my mind that I'm in recovery, and I think in the dream, "is this really happening or oops, did I relapse...I'm not supposed to take adderall." I remember a lot of my dreams, I'm thinking a dream journal? Do you get them often?

Not too often. The only written record of my vivid adderall dreams is when I post them here. At one time in my life, I did keep a dream journal. Then some of those dreams started coming true in real life. I was able to confirm that I had the dream by reading what i had written when things came to pass. Like, I dreamed about my dad dying in vivid detail about three months before he died and I had written it down in disturbingly accurate detail. I also dreamed about the house I am living in long before I knew it existed. But the adderall dreams are simply a way for my mind to process and move on from the addiction.

HA, I had a very similar dream last night. It was pretty awful. Somehow A filled bottle of adderall appeared in my hand, not sure how I got it, but obviously from a doctor whonwas continuing a prescribing relationship with me. I started taking them and chewing on them and could vividly taste it in my mouth. I was so worried about what or if I was going to say to you guys on the boards. And then I half woke up, and I had no idea if I relapsed or not because I was in between asleep and awake and it was pretty terrifying. Then i realized it was a dream. Pretty awful dream.

So, I'm noticing an interesting pattern with most of our adderall dreams on here. (Apart from the colors and the visual image of the pills.)

It doesn't seem like anyone ever actually TAKES the pills in the dream. (I'm sure there are exceptions to this...anyone?) We see them, we hold full bottles of them, put them in our mouths (Ashley and InRecovery), have it injected by other people (SearchingSoul)...... But we never actually swallow them!

Why is that?

Is it a reflection of our willpower?

Is it in any way parallel to how most people never actually die in their dreams? How we just wake up instead?

If so, does this imply a correlation between adderall and death in our recovering minds?

Maybe there's nothing behind it, I don't know-- I don't want to be reading too much into this, but I do think dreams can be significant and it's very interesting to me that this dream pattern is happening to our little recovering village.

• Like 1